Recent content by Villeson

1. V

5-man tutorial video

That was great, I'm on a league team thats about to venture out into the world of tourneys and we've toyed with the idea of going 5 man, this will help cover the basics and have everyone on the same page. Perfect intro video.
  2. V

video for critique/trying to follow advice

I know, it wasn't an insult, I feel the same way sometimes, then I see a video and realize I'm not doing it. I still think a large, high leg kick will help you see and feel how it to coil properly, if you have a high leg kick, I find it difficult not to coil because you naturally try to center...
  3. V

No but he says in his own posts that he feels like he's coiling and leg kicking already, I thought an exaggeration would help, and I also find that a higher leg kick helps move my weight to my back foot a lot more. But your advice was good too, coil and explode, which he thinks he's doing...
  4. V

The second swing in the video looks better but do you notice how in 'swings' video his front foot nails down and pulls his hips through the swing, you need more of that, a bit more violence. Your swing looks like you're drifting to the ball as opposed to attacking.
  5. V

You've gotta get that front foot way off the ground and turn your hips back a bit to coil. I know we're not all Jose Bautista but this is a great example of what you should be doing See how his front foot is 8-12 inches off the ground and his hips close slightly to the pitcher before...
  6. V

How do we fix softball?

Where are guys playing for $50?? I pay $150 for league, thats 24 games, and 3 games guaranteed for playoffs.
  7. V

z2000 or z3000

I had great customer service from LS, 8 day turn around and thats from Canada to the US and back. 8 business days that is.
  8. V

Player Missing a base

So we're playing a friendly game with a team, someone on there team hits a homer, there's no fence's but admits to us he missed first after. The game didn't mean anything so we let it go. A girl on our team asked, if the umpire had seen the player miss first, which he did, why do we have to...
  9. V

Incentivize a team?

Please tell me thats a Fubar reference!
  10. V

Taking a little off the swing

I've always been told to try and swing the same speed every-time and adjust your swing plane for different hit types, flat for line drives, maybe a slight upper cut for long balls or a cutting downward motion. But I see a lot of guys having success, especially going to the other way, when they...
  11. V

league fees question

Where I play we have league fees but Umpire fees are separate. We have 2 umps a game and each team pays an umpire. Its in the area of 20-30 bucks a game, lets call it 25, if you play around 20 games that sounds ok. Just a thought.
  12. V

Will it really make a difference?

There's no mathematical difference if thats what you're asking. You can only generate x amount of energy, if people say swing the heaviest bat you can still swing fast, thats kinda BS because the amount of energy is going to be the same (within our standard 26-30oz range). Swing whatevers...
  13. V

LTB 28oz scn17BH and 28oz ST100h

I will also take offers of NR bats.
  14. V

LTB 28oz scn17BH and 28oz ST100h

Looking for 28oz's only. If interested I have a well used 28oz OG Virus for trade.
  15. V

How similar is the st100h to the scn17bh

These were all very helpful. I'll probably get both, they could probably be had together for less then 300.