Recent content by watsonrg

1. W

USA Softball - Men's Slow Pitch

A quick look through the book did not reveal the answer. However in my opinion the ball is dead after hitting the runner on third. Batter is awarded first base and all runners advance if forced.
  2. W

Any Pitch Height and Illegal

Guys. It's a JUDGMENT CALL. Use your judgment and be consistent. It's what you're paid to do. I can't believe there is this much discussion on a topic like this. With charts, no less.
  3. W

Positive experience

Meant to say from my vantage point the player was safe
  4. W

Positive experience

My response to a player "questioning" a call is to ask if he has ever watched an instant replay of a close call. The view from camera one shows the player was clearly out. The view from camera two shows the player was clearly safe. From your vantage point it appeared the player was out. From...
  5. W

What's the correct call?

USA 2018 7.4.A STRIKE ON THE BATTER H. For each pitched ball swung at and missed which touches any part of the batter. Should be "J" not "H".
  6. W

ASA USA Slow Pitch - What's the Call?

irishmafia Not everything, just about things that are not true or accurate. May 9, 2011 kkeezymb So are you some sort of rules guru or something. you seem to have something to say about everything.
  7. W

2. If the obstructed runner is put out prior to reaching the base which would have been reached had there not been obstruction, EFFECT: A dead ball is called and the obstructed runner and all other runners shall be awarded the base or bases which would have been reached, in the umpire’s...
  8. W

What's the correct call?

"From what rule set is this quoted? Not baseball" USA Official Rules of Softball (2018)
  9. W

What's the correct call?

"Baseball, different rules." Really? Rule 7 - Section 4 (A STRIKE IS CALLED BY THE UMPIRE) H - When any part of the batter's person or clothing is hit with a batted ball when the batter is in the batter's box. Effect Section 4 E-K: The ball is dead and each runner must return to his base...
  10. W

"Stop right there. Dead ball. Anything after this is irrelevant." Disagree. This is a DELAYED dead ball. Play continues until time is called. "irish.. yes good catch.. dead ball because the runner that was OBS was called out at 2nd" OP did not write the runner going to second was called out...
  11. W

What's the correct call?

I meant PUT this to bed.
  12. W

What's the correct call?

From the OP, "The umpire called him out for it hitting him stating that the ball was in fair territory when it made contact with him." However the ump still made the wrong call. Here's a discussion I started two years ago. Similar to this but different...
  13. W

Infield fly rule

"I’ve never found do over in my ASA%/USA rule book" ASA Rule 10, Sec. 3, (C) "The plate umpire may rectify any situation in which the reversal of an umpire's decision or a delayed call by an umpire places a batter / runner, a runner, or the defensive team in jeopardy."
  14. W

Substitution Question

This isn't that difficult. ASA Rule 7 Sec 2 (d) If batting out of order is discovered: 1)While the incorrect batter is at bat A)The correct batter must take the batter's position and assume the ball / strike count.
  15. W

ASA Twist on B/R advancing to first

No stealing in this league, so that seems to be the book is silent on this situation. "I don't know why this is a problem. The team and umpire gave you a free out" Not the point. Just want to know what is the correct call. "You cannot call someone out during a dead ball." Really? What about...