Recent content by zuke 37

1. Z

Game day drink of choice

WATER: Water is your friend. Drink water today for tomorrow. If you get thirsty IT'S TOO LATE. If your eyes get watery, It's too late. Sport drinks put essentials into you stomach, not into your system. Your body must prosess them first. Plus they all need water to work. Remember: the...
  2. Z

Shorts in softball

You get strawberries on your butt, not your knees. So long or short pants make no difference. I once tried to play with neither and got arrested. They let me go for lack of evidence.
  3. Z

Hitting high pitches

Swing at the ball, not the arc...the ball not the arc! Gravity will guarente it will come down, don't go after it, it will come down.
  4. Z

Lizard Skin Batting Gloves

A team mate ask me if lizard gloves were waterproof? I told him, " I think so, did you ever see a lizard with a cold?"
  5. Z

Team Fundraiser Ideas

We had a player who was a manager of a hotel & night club. We raffled off a dinner for two, a room that was "furnished" and a bottle of wine. The winner was an old Italian man who said after willing, " I bring-a my own wine." You might get a resturant owner to donate a dinner for 2 to raffle...
  6. Z

Gloves

Gloves are almost like shoes, if it fits, where it. Just like feet, all hands are not the same. Different types fit different hand better. MYSELF: I like Ralwlings 13' for fielders gloves, and I like Wilson 14' for first basemen mits. Finger position must be tested also. At first base I put...
  7. Z

best outfielder

JAYCLAXTOWNE: Here here!
  8. Z

Bat

Go by the feel, if you can hit, you can hit. So just make it feel good. Last week we had a game at 49 degrees. I didn't want to use a new bat in fear of breaking, so I got an old one but wasn't allowed to use it because of no markings. I said to the ump "OK" I could hit with a fishing rod...
  9. Z

Just saying Hello!

WELCOME SALTY, This is a great site to get 1,000 points of view on softball or anything you might love. The views and questions you will get will be from the journeymen, rookies, the genius, to the insane. Also it will keep softball alive during the off season. Some day there will be no more...
  10. Z

best outfielder

ASK THEM. Ask your best outfielder where they want to play, where they are most comfortable and /or experinced. That move will make your outfield more effeciant. Why put your best player out of position for three stinkers. They will stink anywhere. A turd by any other name still stinks.
  11. Z

Critique my swing

GOT IT: Swing at the ball, not at the arc. Practice, you'll learn. A very common tale. 98 to 99% of all hitting mistakes. The ball will come down, gravity will take care of that.
  12. Z

Swing help

swing 4/24 frame 103 & 104 all of your weight is moving backwards. all it looks like a simple matter of balance, try sitting in the box, try not to stand up too straight. frame 21 & 114 you are swinging at the arc, not the ball. don't go chasing the ball, it will come down, gravity...
  13. Z

Swing help

REMEMBER: All movement is forward. USE STOP MOTION: frame # 6 you are stepping backwards. frm # 10 your front sholder should be out in front of your belly button, (yours is not) Frm # 12 CONTACT front sholder is now behind your belly button frm #103 to 106 See the fence post...
  14. Z

Which color socks?

watch when they "go" behind a tree. See if they stand or squat, then decide yourself. Is this a great country , or what?
  15. Z

Which glove? You don't need experience with them

gloves are like shoes, you got to try them on. one glove will fit your hand better then an other. for instance, Wilson will fit the contour of your hand better then Rawlings, and vise-versa. But what do I know, I'm a DH