Search results

1. J

What is your softball kryptonite?

What's the one thing, no matter how miniscule or ridiculous that just always screws up your game? A specific field is bad luck? Playing at night? Playing when your wife and girlfriend show up at the same time? Mine: I am weird about my feet, so when the batter's box is screwed up it messes with...
  2. J

USSSA Announces (Again) - No more 220s

So, UTRIP again changes the rules for new stamp / old stamp bats in tournament play. "As of January 1, 2023 the bat standard will be the 240 Stamp only for all GSL/USSSA. Bat testing will pass at 240 for tournament play. This includes the USSSA Challenge Cup. This does not include USSSA league...
  3. J

Playing with astigmatism

Questions for those who play or have played with vision issues! I have had vision issues for a while, playing softball being the biggest problem area for me (also driving at night). Playing during the day isn't too bad, evening and night are rough though. Sometimes it actually feels a bit...
  4. J

New Kids On The Block - Bat Manufacturers

The past few years have shown a rise in popularity amongst newer or less established bat companies. Monsta, Anarchy, Onyx, Juno, Suncoast etc. Are any of these companies on track to reach elite status in the sport, the likes of which Miken/Worth, Easton have held for years? Are some even...
  5. J

CoEd - Girl Pitchers / Shooting Middle

Watching a coed game tonight during a game break and one of the teams had a girl pitching. This dude shoots middle TWICE in a row. Other team is obviously pissed. Although, blowing middle on a girl is not something I would ever, ever do. But I'm not sure the logic behind putting someone in a...
  6. J

New Stamp USSSA Bats - Are we getting duped?

For months we were told we had to buy up the remaining 220 bats before 240s came out.. and now that 240s are out they are somehow "hotter" than the 220s? The easy answer is that it's just marketing. But now I am seeing guys test new 240 bats that are testing at lower numbers than some NIW 220s...
  7. J

2019 USSSA DC41 - A dud?

Curious if anyone else has experienced this with this model. My 2019 DC Utrip (Tan model) just will not wake up. It has probably 300* swings on it and just won't open up. It just feels super tight, and still sounds tingy. I can't get that lovely "crack" sound these Mikens get when they get hot...
  8. J

2020 KP23

Anybody swing one yet? If so, how does it compare to the last few years? I know, I know... they’re all repaints. But there’s no denying the manufacturing still differs from year to year. I loved the 16 and 17 F30s, hated the 18 F23 and was happier with the 19 F23 but still not super thrilled...
  9. J

Got Bored.. Designed my own Mikens

So, I got bored the other day and decided I wanted to throw a couple bat mock-ups together as I have a pretty decent graphic design background.. I took a few of the current Miken models and put my own spin on them. I did quite a few actually, but these ones are probably my favorites. What do you...
  10. J

2020 Models - Should we be seeing something soon?

It was about this time last year that the 19' models started showing up here and there. Anybody have any info on the new bats? ( I saw some new senior bats about a week or so I believe)
  11. J

Pitched ball bounces, hit back into fair territory. Called dead and a strike ?

This happened faster than I can type it or you can read it, so bare with me here.. Pitcher tosses the ball, probably a foot short of the plate. Umpire says "ball, short" as the ball hits the ground, simultaneously the batter starts casually swinging and hits the ball off the bounce straight...
  12. J

New Miken Freak Primo 12 - USSSA 12" Supermax

Miken just posted this today, I saw they originally had an ASA Primo 12" supermax, and now a UTRIP version. This thing's gonna be nasty
  13. J

What Bat(s) / Gear are you looking to pick up for 2019

Personally, my Miken's have been driven into the ground over the past few seasons so I will probably grab a fresh F23 and DC41. Probably time for some new turfs as well :cool: What new equipment do you have your sights on this year?
  14. J

For the guys that run teams..

Man, over the years I find myself wondering why I bother taking on the task. Between reliability, dealing with egos, etc. it sometimes feels like an unnecessary amount stress What I want to know is, do those of you who run teams (League or Tourney) enjoy it? What are some of the Pros and Cons...
  15. J

Composite bats - At what point after break in do they go backwards in performace?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I honestly don't know and am curios. With these composite bats, the more they get broken in the hotter they get, but to what extent? Is there a point where start to go backwards in performance, or do they stay hot until they break/crack?
  16. J

Who do you use for Jerseys?

Looking for suggestions on a company to do full-dye jerseys for us. I have contacted a few companies (won't throw them under the bus) but most are taking several days or more to respond, if they even respond at all. I'm not sure why but they don't seem to want my business very much :( Anyways...
  17. J

What's your local league night look like?

What do your local leagues look like as far as participation and number of teams? Leagues here start up this week and I was curious how they vary in size from area to area I feel like the amount of teams we get is decent. Here's what it looks like: Tuesday Night: 4 Divisions, 4-8 teams per...