Search results

1. BBBD1969

Tourney softball is dumb

Its been going on for awhile tho. 20 years ago I was stationed in OKC and there were 4-5 parks in the area that had softball leagues. Some of these parks had 6-10 fields. Damned if you could find a C league. I think there was one. It was only 3 HRs/game for C back then---we tried playing in...
  2. BBBD1969

Tourney softball is dumb

I remember years ago someone (initials:BBBD) on this board suggested eliminating ALL "E" tournies---State, National, and Worlds---as a way to help eliminate tourney sandbagging and return E ball to what it should be---beginners and beer league. Never saw so much smoke coming out of so many...
  3. BBBD1969

Who would be interested in wood bats and good balls again?

Man I am so far gone on association bat restrictions and ball standards and what not. I played a little USSSA in Virginia after I retired but since moving out to small town Arkansas we just play a one-season league in the summer. About all my crappy knees can take. I don't know who Elvis...
  4. BBBD1969

Good here man. Wife and I retired from the AF and moved the fam to the country. Getting ready to go back to college next month. Playing in one local league per year with 44/400s and no bat restrictions. Games tonight---time for some mis-hit HRs! LOL!
  5. BBBD1969

Just popped back to this site after like 5 years away and can't believe this is still being brought up! LOL. What's up Jbo?
  6. BBBD1969

LTB Senior stick

Thanks for the offer...right now might make a deal for a Combat Dirty but if it falls through I will let you know.
  7. BBBD1969

LTB Senior stick

26 is just a little too light for me. Thanks for the offer tho.
  8. BBBD1969

LTB Senior stick

LTB a senior stick as a back-up to my primary. Prefer 27oz & endloaded and one piece if possible. (Currently swing a yellow melee). As long as its not all webbed up and cracked I will consider it. Only play a fun tourney or two a year now and one 20-game season. Just need something in...
  9. BBBD1969

My team ganged up on me last night (coach issue)

Sometimes on the way to that coveted league championship reality steps in and mucks things up. :) You're not going to whip Barney, Fred, Wilma and Betty into softball all-stars in 16 games (or however many you have). If the team is just not good better to just play for fun, get people their...
  10. BBBD1969

Intentionally Walked...in rec league

You're right--it is the ultimate sign of ultimate respect. This team hadn't lost a game in this league in years, and they walk me when they're up 11 runs in the top of the 5th to load the bases. Now that I think about it maybe if some of the dudes posting in this thread were good enough...
  11. BBBD1969

It depends...on some tourney teams I've played with in the past, I'd agree that 11 runs is not that big of a deal. After all one of the best teams I played with came back from a 25-2 deficit to win 31-25. However this team is not good enough to come back from that far down, so yeah, this was...
  12. BBBD1969

We covered this subject back on page 2 and 3 I think. Unlike most softball players I play for fun...not to mask my phallic insecurities by grandstanding or talking smack about hitting a softball 300+ feet.
  13. BBBD1969

Yeah I guess to some written English can be confusing. So if MY repeated posts show me to be a clown, what do YOUR repeated posts responding to clownish posts show you to be? A douche?
  14. BBBD1969

Drunk guy, is THIS what you're talking about? Read it again. Slowly. Hopefully while you're sober. Good lawd people are just, well, dumb.
  15. BBBD1969

Seriously, what the heck are you talking about????? Where did I say I grounded out to the pitcher...twice???? What are you smoking bro?????
  16. BBBD1969

Huh????? Which thread are you reading??? Maybe lay off the booze and work on the ol' reading comprehension. Well...CAN you read????? :confused:
  17. BBBD1969

So, I was asked if I was walked because I went middle or talked smack to the other team. I say no, I have no desire for middle wars or talking smack. But somehow in your mind that's...going middle and garbage talking. :confused: Okaaaaaaaaay. Maybe you should read ALL the posts before...
  18. BBBD1969

Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a time and a place for intentional walks. But leading 16-5 in the top of the 5th in a league game? Eh, just surprised me is all.
  19. BBBD1969

I'm sorry AJ is this www.softballfans.com and is this the Open Slow Pitch Board--This is the place for open slow pitch discussions??? Call me crazy but I figured talking about what happened in a--wait for it---slow pitch softball game on an OPEN slow pitch softball message board with other...
  20. BBBD1969

Holy cow man that is some bull****.