Intentionally Walked...in rec league

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
1. If you think 16-5 is game over... You must not play ball much. Good teams can score 10+ runs in one inning!

2. Who crys about a Walk... 10+ runs down .. You should be trying to walk!

3. You walked because you are either good (don't sound like it), or a clown! Good teams rarely walk players up 11 runs... Even if babe Ruth was up...

4. Don't really understand the post?

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
1. If you think 16-5 is game over... You must not play ball much. Good teams can score 10+ runs in one inning!

2. Who crys about a Walk... 10+ runs down .. You should be trying to walk!

3. You walked because you are either good (don't sound like it), or a clown! Good teams rarely walk players up 11 runs... Even if babe Ruth was up...

4. Don't really understand the post?

Holy cow. :rolleyes:

16-5 is over...my team isn't good. Average maybe, but not good. Potentially good, but not good yet.

Nobody should "try" to walk in softball. Well, folks who can't hit should, and you sound like one of those folks.

Oh yeah I'm pretty good. They didn't walk me because I grounded out to the pitcher 2 times previously. I think that 375' bomb I hit my first time up mighta had something to do with it.

Don't understand the post? Is this not: Open Slow Pitch Board This is the place for open slow pitch discussions! Maybe you are semi-retarded like (dreams he) hitsbombs? :D

curtdiggy513

Extra Hitter
I don't mind walking, but only when Its first to second or second to third... Then there's third to home. That's a good walk. I always walk in from the outfield

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Its not "rec league" to those folks now is it.....competitive league is all relative based off of your competition.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Its not "rec league" to those folks now is it.....competitive league is all relative based off of your competition.

When I say "rec league" I mean that while it is USSSA there is no class (A,B,C, etc) designation. We get 4 HRs/game then outs. The park where we play has an upper and lower division is summer but in fall there is only one division because fewer teams sign up. The team we played last night went 16-0 in the summer "upper" division while my team went 7-9 in the "lower" division.

My team actually isn't that bad---we have 5 or 6 guys who are good ballplayers unfortunately the remainder are just really, uhh, not good. Like they hit in .300 - .450 range.

But hey its softball.

i get walked at least 1 to 2 times a game(rec and tournys) not the free pass , but the over the head ,way outside crap,
just take the walk and hope the next guy nails it. it still sucks to walk !!!

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Thats why you made this thread eh?

I'm sorry AJ is this www.softballfans.com and is this the Open Slow Pitch Board--This is the place for open slow pitch discussions???

Call me crazy but I figured talking about what happened in a--wait for it---slow pitch softball game on an OPEN slow pitch softball message board with other slow pitch softball players was OK here?

If not maybe you can give me a list of acceptable topics for the Open Slow Pitch Board that is the place for open slow pitch discussions? Is talking about walks closed in the "open" board?!?!?

:confused:

(Threads on a message board are now on par with middle wars???? Wow...lotsa things changed in the 4 years I was away from the game I guess).

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
i get walked at least 1 to 2 times a game(rec and tournys) not the free pass , but the over the head ,way outside crap,
just take the walk and hope the next guy nails it. it still sucks to walk !!!

Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a time and a place for intentional walks. But leading 16-5 in the top of the 5th in a league game? Eh, just surprised me is all.

AJ22

Super Moderator
I'm sorry AJ is this www.softballfans.com and is this the Open Slow Pitch Board--This is the place for open slow pitch discussions???

Call me crazy but I figured talking about what happened in a--wait for it---slow pitch softball game on an OPEN slow pitch softball message board with other slow pitch softball players was OK here?

If not maybe you can give me a list of acceptable topics for the Open Slow Pitch Board that is the place for open slow pitch discussions? Is talking about walks closed in the "open" board?!?!?

:confused:

(Threads on a message board are now on par with middle wars???? Wow...lotsa things changed in the 4 years I was away from the game I guess).

There is nothing wrong starting any thread IMHO ..

However, when you add this quote are you not garbage talking and/or adding nonsense ? :

I have no desire for middle wars or garbage talk or any of that nonsense.

Self contradiction at its finest ..

IJS

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
There is nothing wrong starting any thread IMHO ..

However, when you add this quote are you not garbage talking and/or adding nonsense ? :

Self contradiction at its finest ..

IJS

So, I was asked if I was walked because I went middle or talked smack to the other team. I say no, I have no desire for middle wars or talking smack. But somehow in your mind that's...going middle and garbage talking. :confused:

Okaaaaaaaaay.

Maybe you should read ALL the posts before you spew nonsense? IJS...

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Holy cow. :rolleyes:

16-5 is over...my team isn't good. Average maybe, but not good. Potentially good, but not good yet.

Nobody should "try" to walk in softball. Well, folks who can't hit should, and you sound like one of those folks.

Oh yeah I'm pretty good. They didn't walk me because I grounded out to the pitcher 2 times previously. I think that 375' bomb I hit my first time up mighta had something to do with it.

Don't understand the post? Is this not: Open Slow Pitch Board This is the place for open slow pitch discussions! Maybe you are semi-retarded like (dreams he) hitsbombs? :D

Drunk guy, is THIS what you're talking about? Read it again. Slowly. Hopefully while you're sober.

Good lawd people are just, well, dumb.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I guess I am confused. If you know why you were walked, then shut the **** up. Your repeated posts in this thread have prven that you are a clown, however.

fattymcgee

Proud daddy
So we're down 16-5 to a tourney team playing in our rec league (allegedly they finished 12 out of 67 at States recently), 2 guys on base, bottom 5th, and they intentionally walk me.

Maybe they were scared of the ever popular 12-run HR?

Intentional walks in rec league. Holy cow. :rolleyes:

Maybe they thought you were a douche and didn't want to let you hit.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I hate to walk, and rarely do, but Down 11 you need base runners period. 16-5 is not game over. If a team scores 11 runs in top of first should u just quit? Lay off the sports center... Kinda ****y for a lower division "bro I was 2-2" walker! A guy getting walked in softball is not big news.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I guess I am confused. If you know why you were walked, then shut the **** up. Your repeated posts in this thread have prven that you are a clown, however.

Yeah I guess to some written English can be confusing.

So if MY repeated posts show me to be a clown, what do YOUR repeated posts responding to clownish posts show you to be? A douche?

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Maybe they thought you were a douche and didn't want to let you hit.

We covered this subject back on page 2 and 3 I think. Unlike most softball players I play for fun...not to mask my phallic insecurities by grandstanding or talking smack about hitting a softball 300+ feet.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I hate to walk, and rarely do, but Down 11 you need base runners period. 16-5 is not game over. If a team scores 11 runs in top of first should u just quit? Lay off the sports center... Kinda ****y for a lower division "bro I was 2-2" walker! A guy getting walked in softball is not big news.

It depends...on some tourney teams I've played with in the past, I'd agree that 11 runs is not that big of a deal. After all one of the best teams I played with came back from a 25-2 deficit to win 31-25. However this team is not good enough to come back from that far down, so yeah, this was pretty much a done deal.

A guy getting walked in softball is not big news, but it was big enough for you to read about and respond to. Oh, what does Sportscenter have to do with me getting walked?

I might play "lower division" now, but it didn't stop the tourney team that just finished 12th in States from walking me when they were up 11 and had the hammer. If you're ever down this way shoot me a PM and we can hit some BP and find out who's really "lower division."

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
Take it as a sign of respect. Thats what I do...lol

You're right--it is the ultimate sign of ultimate respect. This team hadn't lost a game in this league in years, and they walk me when they're up 11 runs in the top of the 5th to load the bases.

Now that I think about it maybe if some of the dudes posting in this thread were good enough to GET walked intentionally they would be able to comment on it without the anger and jealousy showing through in their posts. :eek: