Search results

1. S

Bat advice

Hey everyone, Tried this in the Louisville Slugger section with no luck. Looking for a recommendation. My favorite bat all time is tge old ASA Catty, the green one. Love the feel, swing weight, etc. I play NSA now but looking for a bat that would swing similar to my Catty. Thanks
  2. S

Bat that swings like a Catty

Hey folks, wanting to get a new bat but don't have the time or funds to try multiple bats. I loved the ASA Catty(green one)-swing weight, feel, etc. Trying to find a bat that swings similar to that that is current. Any thoughts?
  3. S

my notepad is ready critique please

You changed what you were doing with your feet quite often. I would say scrap the walking the box. It may work when the pitcher is throwing meatballs but if you intend to move up in UTrip or other associatons that allow pump fakes and fastballs, you would be adding another timing element that...
  4. S

Critique

It looks to me like you are lunging, especially on the first two. You want to keep the weight back as long as possible for maximum power. If you normally see low pitches, you might want to move up in the box. Your last swing looked better and I think it was because you got a higher pitch.
  5. S

Tee hits

Not a lot of leg drive there.
  6. S

Hip drive focus

I am a lefty and I have never really had a problem firing the hips but after watching a lot of swings on here, I noticed many guys have a hard time with it. I know the actual mechanics differ slightly but I thought that might help a guy get a "feel" for what a good hip turn should be.
  7. S

Shoulder Surgery in July

I have anchors in my shoulder too. I tore my labrum from the front all the way to the back. I had aching pain pretty constantly and started having stabbing pain in the front or back when lifting. It was a long rehab. Fortunately for me it was my non throwing shoulder but I couldn't put my hand...
  8. S

Where to bat subs in the lineup

You would be in the minority. If someone called me and gave me a chance to play an extra game, I would do it if I hit at the bottom or not. It isn't your team so to say bat me up in the order or I am not playing is pretty whiny IMO.
  9. S

800 swing L1

That bat sounds ridiculous.
  10. S

bp - sure why not

Hit middle much?
  11. S

Do you guys keep trophies?

Not really. Best player on a church league team and I had a good tournament.
  12. S

never loan your bats

I play league mostly and not with a bunch of mashers so I have no problem letting guys swing my bats. Many of them don't have a clue about bats so I rather they swing mine that the Cyclone they have in their bag. I also choose bats that are durable which makes it easier to let others swing it.
  13. S

Blister prevention

I don't control the bat well if I hold the knob with my fingers with my bottom hand.
  14. S

Blister prevention

Thanks bud. I will definitely give it a shot.
  15. S

Blister prevention

Is that what you do Swing?
  16. S

Blister prevention

The only problem is I have big hands so I have a hard enough time finding gloves that fit
  17. S

Blister prevention

Hey guys, I am having a tough time with blisters. The palm of my bottom hand gets torn up every time I take BP and I normally hit less than 100 balls. I wear batting gloves and I have tried to change my grip to keep the knob out of the palm of my hand but I lose too much control. Getting a...
  18. S

considering these work gloves for BP

Where I got mine
  19. S

considering these work gloves for BP

I use work gloves for games and BP. They are comfortable and not too thick. I have two pair. The only reason I got a second pair was because my first pair didn't match my jersey. Had them for years and still haven't torn through them.