Search results

1. J187

concussions or torn ligaments... What is the solution?

Serious question here.... what do you guys think about the state of the NFL right now. There were 208 players on IR after the first eight weeks of the season. It's obvious that with the blow-to-the-head rules being so strictly enforced that defenders are going low, and consequently, there will...
  2. J187

Kaspar Daugavins RIDICULOUS shootout attempt last night. lol

Almost snuck this one in. FULL VID HERE: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/12/nhl-kaspar-daugavins-shootout-move/1981011/
  3. J187

Eli Manning cannot reach "great" without first conquering "consistent".

Sometimes he looks like Joe Montana, sometimes he looks like Hannah Montana.
  4. J187

3xc..... Cam cameron fired!!

FIRED!!!
  5. J187

Patriots v Texans - MNF

Edge of the seat football tonight. I got the Pats 27-24.
  6. J187

Bears/Boys Monday night snoozer.

Dallas by 3. Faith Hill has nicer legs than Hank Williams, but Hank Williams is smarter than Hank Johnson.
  7. J187

After further review....

8. J187

Andre Parker... You're doing it wrong. No, really, you are.

Andre Parker grabs a muffed punt and proceeds to um, retreat it I guess... The only thing funnier than a guy running the football the wrong way is when guys tackle him before he gets to the end zone. Wouldn't matter anyway, muffed punts cannot be advanced or retreated...
  9. J187

RIP Johnny Pesky

GNSP
  10. J187

New low point for the Red Sox - what the **** is Valentine thinking??

Sox battling hard today. Beckett gives up 3 in the first Sox answer with 2. Ross ties the game in the 3rd with a solo shot. Top of 5, Beckett gives up 3 more, 6-3. Sox fight back again with two in the bottom of the 5th to pull within a run. Valentine brings Beckett, who has been...
  11. J187

What would you have done?

Coed game went extra innings. Bottom of 8th. Team fielding is up by 3, runners at second and third. Tying run at the plate. one out. Guy coming up is 3 for 4 with a monster hr, another hr, a double, and a deep fly out. He's a lefty with a 270' fence in right. On deck is a girl who was o-for and...
  12. J187

NBA Free throw shooting %... how the ****??

I have never played basketball at any level. In fact, I can't dribble to save my life. This weekend, I had the chance to shoot around on a court. I decided to shoot 40 free throws and see what percentage I could get. Now, since a free throw is an uncontested shot, it's one of the rare occasions...
  13. J187

Josh Beckett may be dead to me

I'm waiting for confirmation on this rumor... Beckett was scratched last Wednesday from his Saturday start due to tightness. He was said to have felt sore prior to throwing 122 pitches in the game before, yet failed to inform his manager. Now, there are numerous reports that Beckett golfed...
  14. J187

The reality of brain injuries in the NFL

Are brain injuries a big problem in today's NFL, and if so, what would propose is done to fix it?
  15. J187

Saints illegally wire-tapping opponent coaches...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games
  16. J187

Josh Hamilton's Fenway B L A S T!!!!

WOW!! http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20698679&c_id=mlb
  17. J187

Hines Ward announces retirement

He said something like, "when you're as dirty a player as I am, no other teams will take you"
  18. J187

Wes Welker, tough catch or easy catch?

I'm SHOCKED at how many people I am hearing say that was a "very difficult" catch to make. I think that ball was right were it needed to be and that's a ball Welker NEEDS to catch. Does anyone here actually think that was a tough catch for a WR of that caliber?
  19. J187

Silver lining to the Super Bowl.....

20. J187

Think it's too early for Joe Paterno jokes?

Maybe we should wait a decade to say anything...