Search results

1. B

Macenko Weighted Bat Drill

Went looking for it just now and noticed it was gone. Wayback machine to the rescue. http://web.archive.org/web/20130502133249/http://www.bigcat844.com/increasing_bat_speed.html
  2. B

Decent affordable home gym

Don't the 1090s go up to 90#?
  3. B

NSA NSA umpiring question - league game

My non umpire opinion... NSA uses courtesy runners, so wouldn't you just be able to use it for him? If your league/this umpire was letting you circumvent that by basically getting another runner any time this guy was up, or if you aren't playing by the official NSA rules, then no one here can...
  4. B

Pet Peeve of mine

If you don't have the ball? Yes, you let him pass Gandalf...
  5. B

Softball 360 Show

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA... hopefully it was caught before ramping up production, but something tells me it wasn't...
  6. B

League fee's

$350 7 games plus double elimination tournament T-shirts to regular season winner; sponsor award for 1st and 2nd in tournament ASA 2 umpires balls are provided (52/300 Dudley) Park is awesome, fields are decent
  7. B

ASA ladder rule

I would imagine it is because the home team wasn't winning.
  8. B

ASA NCAA OU vs ASU - Interference call?

Yeah the strike zone was AWFUL in the last couple games I watched. Balls that were 6-8 inches outside were called strikes and then the next time a ball. Really inconsistent...
  9. B

liability question

Yeah I know what you are saying. That case has more merit than most people realize and I was just mentioning it. I do think that field owners should try to work with people on this though. The signs that most people get tired of looking at may keep someone from parking there by making them...
  10. B

liability question

Except it isn't necessarily common sense to know that McDonald's was serving coffee at 180 degrees Fahrenheit. I would argue that being served 180 degree liquid in a flimsy cup (McD's changed their cups after the suit) is much more deserving of a lawsuit than parking near a softball field.
  11. B

Any Making up a rainout game

^^^ This. Our league makes you sub in the new people in place of the players that won't be there. Makes sense to me.
  12. B

Serious question here. Don't laugh.

You do absolutely nothing. for real.
  13. B

tourney idea

There are some tournaments around here at the end of the year: 200 ft fields Girls hit 11" Guys hit 14" 5 homeruns for guys, unlimited for girls I would recommend the 14" ball over the 16". You can still hit them decent, but most people can't hit them very far. I've only seen 2-3 people hit...
  14. B

Head scratching call horror stories

Long-ish fly ball to left field goes foul by about 4 feet. Our LF is picking the ball up at the fence to toss back in and the umpire starts signaling that it is a homerun. He obviously realizes that it is no longer a HR, so he gives the batter a single and everyone moves up one base - ON A...
  15. B

Any Ball hits off foot...

We had this happen before as well. They attempted to double up our runner on 1b. The throw beat him back but since he was still on the bag when the ball hit the pitcher, the umpire ruled him safe (did not tag him). That is the correct call, right?
  16. B

Does anyone watch the Softball-360 show?

Nothing but one big commercial IMO... If it ever got a little more substance I would watch it again.
  17. B

Columbus Worlds

same here... we might be done by lunch lol
  18. B

Columbus Worlds

We are staying at the Red Roof Inn in Grove City... looks to only be like 10 minutes from the fields.
  19. B

Lineup Question

Here is how I see it... Pick up tourney - bat as many as you can Round Robin + single elim - bat whatever during RR and 10 during elimination Double Elim - If it is a big tourney we generally hit 10 There are always exceptions to that IMO... like if one of your best hitters has been playing all...
  20. B

Working on Timing

Couldn't it just be that the same reason you don't have trouble in BP is the same reason you are having it in the game? Hitting live bp from close range will surely have you out in front from normal distance.