Search results

1. vlcmstn_az

Batting line up idea..

We do it by OBP. There is no arguing. Whoever is hitting better/smatter gets moved up the order. It encourages smart hitting and rewards success.
  2. vlcmstn_az

Majors and the middle

Alliteration much?
  3. vlcmstn_az

Another ASA Bat Question

These are two of the stiffest bats Demarini makes. They are 2 piece bats, but they don't feel like it at all. The Mutant is not designed to have a one piece feel. Edit: And I agree that the handle is too thick on the Mutant. That's one of the main reasons that I got rid of mine. Just...
  4. vlcmstn_az

Hrs in league ball

ASA A is 6 and then outs. ASA B is 3 and then outs.
  5. vlcmstn_az

freak 98 or scn8

Swung them both. For the price, I would pick up something different. But between those two, I'd go with the Freak 98.
  6. vlcmstn_az

bat etiquette question

Nothing wrong wit bagging a bat. Sounds like you were nice enough to share it. The guys on your team should respect your choice and remember how much money THEY DIDN'T SPEND ON YOUR BAT. I do just this. I don't mind sharing my bats, but when I feel that one is starting to get fragile, or...
  7. vlcmstn_az

your 1st

The Freak 98 and NRG got me hooked on Miken for 4 years. The Freak 98, NRG, Recoil, and Chaos were my main bats during that time. Tried Mizuno - Wrath and RB Frenzy, Combat - AV, Worth - Toxic, and Easton - SCN9 and SCN8, but kept going back to Miken. Until my brother picked up a Demarini...
  8. vlcmstn_az

Pictures of your teams

Better not answer the phone in 7 days. I saw a documentary about pictures like this^^^^^. It was called The Ring.
  9. vlcmstn_az

The Bat Graveyard 2

That is a very sad sight. How many hits did you have on that? It looks NIW the wrapper compared to mine.
  10. vlcmstn_az

new usssa bats

I'm not sure that they are unable to be shaved, but it sounds like they just won't last. Would be nice if that were the case, but it doesn't sound like they have a foolproof method yet.
  11. vlcmstn_az

The Bat Graveyard 2

How long did that last? Looks pretty new from what I can see.
  12. vlcmstn_az

USPS finally got me I think....

I've had bats show up 4+ days after they were "supposed" to arrive. Just be patient. Edit: Now that I've read the date correctly.....this appears to be an excessive amount of time.
  13. vlcmstn_az

What is the best 3 ASA bat you have ever swung?

Once it breaks in, which takes a LONG time, it's hard to beat.
  14. vlcmstn_az

What is your ASA cold weather bat?

Been swinging my Juggy in the 40's this winter, but will probably swing my Recoil Max if it dips into the 30's. The Juggy is ridiculously hot right now. Any colder and I can't chance it.
  15. vlcmstn_az

What is the best 3 ASA bat you have ever swung?

Juggy, Recoil, RB Frenzy/AV.
  16. vlcmstn_az

Official 2011 Result of your last AB

Line drive single to right center. Previous at bat was a homerun off of one of the lights in left center.
  17. vlcmstn_az

bat speed

Good weight transfer not only helps you generate bat speed, but it helps you maintain it through contact. You can hit hard with good bat speed and no weight transfer, but not with good weight transfer and no bat speed. I would suggest working on both, though.
  18. vlcmstn_az

Hottest ASA mizuno bat

Best ASA Mizuno that I've ever hit^^^^^
  19. vlcmstn_az

ASA RB500 ?s

The blue version has a pretty heavy endload. I had the 14" grey and black model and didn't like it half as much. 12.5" gave me the best output of any bat that I have ever hit. Only complaint was that they never lasted me that long.
  20. vlcmstn_az

What model is this?

Put 3,000 hits on one and it never opened up. Great bp bat, but not worth much more than that.