Search results

1. PeteJC

Tee Hitting and Achilles Tendonitis

I originally posted this in 2008. This year I returned to hitting off the tee to hone my hitting skills and the tendonitis is back. As recommended I purchased the blue achilles stretching tool. I hit off the tee wearing gym shoes so it's not cleats causing the problem. It's just the...
  2. PeteJC

Tips on playing 2nd base as a left handed thrower.

I'm playing on a new league team where they need me to play 2nd base. My left handed 1st baseman experience helps in going to the bag and cleaning up bad throws. However turning the double takes some twists and turns. Any suggestions from my fellow lefties with more skill and experience than...
  3. PeteJC

Hitting and Achilles Tendonitis

I quit running I quit bike riding I quit walking My achilles tendonitis finally healed up when my work schedule got so cramped I didn't have time to do anything. I didn't even have time to hit off the tee into the field behind my house. Yesterday I had some time so I took out my work...
  4. PeteJC

Low Carb Diet and Saturday Tourney Play in heat

I've started doing a low carb diet where I'm eating less than 20 non fiber carbs a day. What should I eat on Friday night and Saturday morning and throught the day Saturday when I play tourneys in 95+ degree heat with 90+ humidity. Stay low carb or carb load for the weekend?