Search results

1. fierce_gt

Bat Bag With Built In Cooler

i've been using the mobile edge for a few years now and it's held up pretty good. one small rip, the cooler zipper only works from one side (there's two so it still open/closes fine), and the plastic waterproof layer in the cooler started peeling out. I'm going off memory, but i'm pretty sure...
  2. fierce_gt

J3u

this is a j3u thread, i'll keep this pretty brief... had a tourney, played 6 6inning games today. to sum it up, the db44 is my new gamer, period. while it didn't feel that great, or noticeably different than the j3u last night, from the first time i held it wearing batting gloves today, it felt...
  3. fierce_gt

J3u

well it was a fun time getting it shipped. after 3 weeks i politely asked the seller if he'd heard anything... turns out he forgot to ship it. then 4 days later i get a notification from purolator that it's been delayed due to a sorting error, but i did finally get a chance to pick it up...
  4. fierce_gt

Glove size

when i started playing, i was using a 12.75 hardball glove, didn't know any different, and it seemed to work fine. I played mostly outfield at the time, and i eventually looked into buying a softball specific glove. I ended up with a 14" and i also started playing some SS. so i decided i would...
  5. fierce_gt

J3u

i doubt very much i've ever really broken in a bat, haha. my best performing bats(at least in the asa2004 days) have always been ones i've bought well used. i haven't noticed any drastic change in performance from new, tbh. we went new stamp utrip, in our previously asa2004 stamp league, so the...
  6. fierce_gt

J3u

right now i'm gaming my j3u, i honestly have no issues with the performance of the bat, i just don't like the endload it has. but what i think doesn't really matter, you see them sell for under 100bux all day, never over. so the value on the used market is pretty terrible. makes them a great...
  7. fierce_gt

Demarini customer service

this to me would be all the more reason you probably shouldn't have told them to forget about the return and keep your bat, and just called in and tried somebody else. if this was in fact somebody's first day, week, or whatever they may not be comfortable even asking to bend the rules yet. for...
  8. fierce_gt

Demarini customer service

i'm always torn on these situations. on one hand, it seems like demarini usually does have great customer service and often will give a returnable bat when they break so fast. so it does feel like unfair when they don't on the other hand, isn't this EXACTLY the point of a warranty?? with any...
  9. fierce_gt

2018 juggy ovl asa

it's because the 'juggy' guys don't like them, and the 'non-juggy' guys don't bother trying them. so maybe this would be the best marketing ploy for demarini. imo, they 'killed' the juggy line years ago, around 2013, when they stopped making balanced flexy bats.
  10. fierce_gt

New juggy

at the heart of the equation is a simple 'collision' when the bat and ball collide, they deform(ball squishes, bat wall/handle flexes) and then rebound back. the ability to absorb and then release energy is the COR(coefficient of restitution). both the bat and ball will have a form of this...
  11. fierce_gt

Demarini Collections, Post Your Pics

i think about 10% of all RD's ever made passed through his hands at some point, haha.
  12. fierce_gt

Price Check Canadian otc 30oz

seems like less than 100bux up here. no idea if there's any demand due to them being 'rare' down there, but i wouldn't count on it.
  13. fierce_gt

What are the chances j3a for deuce?

sounds good. i'll have to keep my eyes open for one up here. got a few months before i'll swing it, so no rush i guess
  14. fierce_gt

yeah, haven't been around much. find i don't come to the forums much unless i'm looking for new sticks, haha. demarini hasn't really released anything utrip 'of interest' since the j3u, which was a disappointment since it was neither flexy nor balanced like a 'juggy should be' still holding my...
  15. fierce_gt

what are the chances of trading a 27oz j3a for a deuce(probably 26oz if the endload talk is real). it's been ages since any bat has even piqued my interest, so i'm pretty out of touch with what's worth how much these days. still basically zero ASA around here, so my j3a's have seen about 6 in...
  16. fierce_gt

New Juggy's

i'd really like a JUGGY to feel like a juggy... you want stiff, endloaded, get one of the other demarini's, there's no shortage to choose from. but if you want soft and balanced, there's, um, nothing? i'm glad to see another utrip juggy, but i'm skeptical already that it's actually a juggy...
  17. fierce_gt

Juggy ?

you hit hard, or you use harder balls than some ppl. or you have terrible luck. those are really the only explanations i can offer. personally, i've only broken one bat in my entire life(this includes putting many swings on senior bats) and it just happened to be a z-1000 and it took like...
  18. fierce_gt

What swings & feels like a Geezer?

it's kind of ironic that the only reason there aren't many geezers around is because they had a warranty... i underestimated people's willingness to bust a bat for an NR. i figured they'd be around, and for cheap for years to come
  19. fierce_gt

What swings & feels like a Geezer?

i would agree, there's nothing even close. get some pvc pipe, and put 8oz of lead in the 'handle', that's about what the geezer's i've swung feel(and sound) like. fortunately they perform well though, haha. the og juggy is closest, but even it's not really close imo. that knob is just...
  20. fierce_gt

Price Check Juice, unknown weight

there's got to be something to this, cause i always thought the juice i'd swung was 'not that endloaded' too. like i used to swing the 27oz juggy religiously and when i played NSA i swung a team mates 27oz juice and felt like the same swing weight. the 27oz j3u feels much heavier, and more...