Search results

1. B

ASA Unsporting Behavior - Penalty

One of the umpires in our senior league quit because a team repeatedly questioned his calls. It was mostly one person, but several players would chime in after the initial guy started it. They were pretty harsh on him and made it personal by accusing him of making calls against their team...
  2. B

2019 adidas 2 piece

I got it from a friend who said he got it from one of the guys who signed the bat. It was the 12" EL.
  3. B

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

A Do over in slow pitch softball. 1 out, runner on 1B. Hard line drive hit to RC. Our RC charges and dives for it rolls and immediately throws to 2B. Field ump calls runner out, batter-runner safe at 1B. Home plate ump calls runner safe, batter-runner out. They come together to talk about...
  4. B

2019 adidas 2 piece

Got my hands on a 26.5 oz and got to hit it on Saturday. The bat is hot out of the wrapper, like most senior bats. But after a few swings, the sound changed a little and the crappy over used cage balls that DBat provided were jumping off the bat. Almost killed one of my own guys when he...
  5. B

USA Pitching

Did the rulebook previously mention that the ball could not be pitched from the glove?
  6. B

USA Pitching

Thanks Irish!
  7. B

USA Pitching

When did they take the statement out of USA softball rules that the pitcher had to "show" the ball for 1 second before delivering the pitch. I just downloaded the USA Softball app and it only says that the ball has to be in front of the pitcher and the pitcher must be facing the batter and...
  8. B

Lots of slowpitch coming in!!

When are these shipping?
  9. B

Lots of slowpitch coming in!!

Preordered my 12" Adidas Melee 2!!!
  10. B

ASA B/R misses 1st base

Why is it that the b/r is safe on the appeal, even though they were technically out when the 1B had the ball and they had not touched the bag? If the 1B maintains contact with the bag after the b/r passes (and hasn't touched the bag) isn't that an appeal?
  11. B

Softball bat graphic design ?

Do you have a tattoo artist that you trust?
  12. B

Things that drive you crazy

When you are beating a team by 10 runs, knowing they are capable of coming back, and they get pissy cause you take second on a solid single that the OF bobbles the ball.
  13. B

Conflicting rules

I think the best way to help interpret this would be "Did the ball hit the batter-runner, or did the batter-runner hit the ball?"
  14. B

Bush League Move?

The bush league move was their idiot 4 hole guy getting tossed with no subs. They should take it all out on him.
  15. B

2016 Last AB Thread

Senior Ball, our 5th run on 3rd with one out. Trying WAY too hard to lift a ball to the OF, first swing foul tipped over catcher, watched strike two, then realized that all I gotta do is get a base hit. chopped a ball between P and 2B for a single to score the 5th and inning ending run.
  16. B

Whats your game bat for 2016

2016 Reebok Melee 2 - 27 oz EL
  17. B

ASA Courtesy Runner

Why does substituting for a batting position also cause the substitution for the courtesy runner? Senior courtesy rules say anyone on the roster can be a courtesy runner, so how are the two linked?
  18. B

You make the call

I would agree, both out. It's when your feet touch or cross the line in senior ball, not the rest of your body.
  19. B

Batter Leaning In Obstructing the Plate

Is it front knee to back shoulder or front shoulder to back knee?
  20. B

Infield Fly - "Unless it's foul"?????

Thanks for the help. I had never heard it called that way before. If one of us had touched the ball (even if we failed to catch it), it would have been ruled a fair ball and therefore IF.