Search results

1. T

2014 Juggy

Cool. Thanks guys.
  2. T

2014 Juggy

So, I have an ASA Juggy arriving any minute. Opening tournament is tomorrow, and it's supposed to be 35 degrees for our first game, and around 50 for our 2nd game. We hit the .44/375 balls. Should I leave it in the bag for the day? Would it be ok later in the day when it's above 50 degrees...
  3. T

Team falling apart

Thanks for all the kind responses. Yep, I almost forgot how incredibly awesome everyone on here is. I also realize that nobody here works, has kids, goes on vacation, etc etc which causes them to miss a game. I assume most of you are single homo***ual Obama-voting welfare recipients. But...
  4. T

Team falling apart

League team I'm managing. Had 15 solid guys last year, and had a decent team. Season starts in a month. Picked up 3 more guys, but lost 5 due to job changes, marriage, etc. Now I find out my best player is moving. And to top it off, 2 guys I was banking on are pulling **** moves, pretty...
  5. T

Pickup player horror stories

Had a guy on our league team that would sometimes bring a buddy of his. The guy was kinda like a 'big brother' to the kid. Once in a while we'd let him bat. Nice kid, but he obviously never even seen a baseball game, so we never put him in for fear of injury. Anyway, one game he was hanging...
  6. T

L4, B4, or Juggy?

L3 on the way Gamble!
  7. T

L4, B4, or Juggy?

Thanks for the replies. I already have an SRV3 as my gamer, and I love it. That's why I'm leaning towards another Easton. A few other guys have some older Juggys and other Demarini's. They like those, which is why I included the new Juggy in the discussion. While durability is...
  8. T

L4, B4, or Juggy?

Why and L3 over the other two Eastons? This L3 is an end-loaded two-piece right?
  9. T

L4, B4, or Juggy?

Looking for a team bat. Using the .44/375 balls still. Durability is important, but distance, pop, and sweet spot are equally as important for us. Does anyone have any experience comparing these, or care to rank them? Thanks.
  10. T

annoying softball guy

Is that a picture of Sensai John Kreese in the background??
  11. T

Is there something you can add to a glove that stops the ball popping out?

I had a pop up hit to me at 3rd a few years ago. I was using a $50 LS glove. I could see the backspin as it was coming down. Popped out of my glove and rolled halfway to home plate. The next day I ordered a Vinci. Haven't had a ball pop out since. A $200 glove is expensive, but that's a...
  12. T

Diving catches. A how too.

Last time I dove at 3rd base, my glove kinda got 'caught' in the dirt, twisted under, and i broke my hand in 3 places. I don't get paid enough to dive anymore.
  13. T

Game situation-what to do?

Agreed....
  14. T

That's a good question. I'd probably hold till I saw what the fielder did. I do think that 5-4-3 double plays are pretty difficult to turn in softball, when the bases are only 65-70ft apart.
  15. T

The specific time it happened, I went for 2. We would have had it, but the 2nd baseman made a terrible throw to 1st. Some guys said I should have held the runner and gotten the force at 2nd. Others said go for 2 to end the inning. Every time after that when the situation comes up, there's a...
  16. T

This scenario seems to come up about every game, and the team argues about it each time. For sake of arguement, let's say the batter and runners have average speed, middle inning, and the score is close. Ok, runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. Hard hit ball hit to me at 3rd. Do I hold...
  17. T

My Vinci review

I know I'm old. I think if I played MI exclusively, I'd probably go .5" smaller. But losing that split second of ball transfer is worth being able to snag more balls that were previously out of reach.
  18. T

My Vinci review

Almost 39..........
  19. T

My Vinci review

Anyone on the fence about these gloves, maybe this will help. I've always been an above average fielder. Very good in my younger days, but now I"m a bit older, slower, and fatter. I played my first 3 years of softball using $60 gloves from ****'s. I did ok with them, but had trouble with...
  20. T

I am the suck

Actually I asked for help, received some, posted a thank you, then got to read two pages of circle-jerking trolls giving ****. I'm not butthurt. Same thing happens in every thread posted on this forum.