Search results

1. T

2014 Juggy

So, I have an ASA Juggy arriving any minute. Opening tournament is tomorrow, and it's supposed to be 35 degrees for our first game, and around 50 for our 2nd game. We hit the .44/375 balls. Should I leave it in the bag for the day? Would it be ok later in the day when it's above 50 degrees...
  2. T

Team falling apart

League team I'm managing. Had 15 solid guys last year, and had a decent team. Season starts in a month. Picked up 3 more guys, but lost 5 due to job changes, marriage, etc. Now I find out my best player is moving. And to top it off, 2 guys I was banking on are pulling **** moves, pretty...
  3. T

L4, B4, or Juggy?

Looking for a team bat. Using the .44/375 balls still. Durability is important, but distance, pop, and sweet spot are equally as important for us. Does anyone have any experience comparing these, or care to rank them? Thanks.
  4. T

Game situation-what to do?

This scenario seems to come up about every game, and the team argues about it each time. For sake of arguement, let's say the batter and runners have average speed, middle inning, and the score is close. Ok, runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. Hard hit ball hit to me at 3rd. Do I hold...
  5. T

My Vinci review

Anyone on the fence about these gloves, maybe this will help. I've always been an above average fielder. Very good in my younger days, but now I"m a bit older, slower, and fatter. I played my first 3 years of softball using $60 gloves from ****'s. I did ok with them, but had trouble with...
  6. T

I am the suck

Last year, I hit about .700. Started this year 9-11. Since then, I'm about 4-20. Runners in scoring position? No problem, I'll pop out to left or hit a soft worm-burner to short. Completely off balance at the plate. Either lunging for the ball, passing up perfect pitches, swinging at ****...
  7. T

SRV3 review/question

Unwrapped a new SRV3 Thursday before a game. Put about 50 cuts in BP. Had some decent zip, but nothing special. Put about another 150 on it today at practice. Pretty much the same. Seemed to have some hop off the bat, but distance just isn't there. If you can find the sweet spot, it is...
  8. T

Bat weight?

Ok, I want an SRV4. Since everyone is hoarding them, one site has NIW's for $170 or something. Only problem is they only have 30oz. I typically swing a 28oz green Catty. I've never swung a 30oz, and nobody on our team has one to try. So I know the easy answer is '2 ounces', but how much...
  9. T

LTB SRV3 or SRV4 w/ receipt and returns

27 or 28oz. Could be 26oz on the SRV4. Surely someone has one of these!
  10. T

Help me understand this.

If an Easton bat is 'returnable', but there is no receipt, WTF does that exactly mean? If it breaks can it be returned?
  11. T

LTB Easton SRV4

26 or 27 oz. May also be interested in an SRV3 or SSR2.
  12. T

Bat choice for both balls

Need to buy a bat, but unsure what to get. We currently use the .44 balls, but are rumored to be switching to the .52 balls next year. I don't want to buy a 2013 bat, and have it destroyed using it this year. I also don't want a bat that'll crush the 44's, but won't be nearly as good next...
  13. T

Any Arc violations

We play in a 6-12' arc league. When should the ump call the violation? We played with an ump last night that will not call a pitch high or flat until the ball lands. Meaning that, if you have 2 strikes, and the pitcher skies one, you don't know if he'll call the violation or not, so you have...
  14. T

New best ASA bats?

So if the ban goes through, and legendary bats like the Ext, Flex, RD28, Recoil, etc are indeed banned, what will be the new kings of ASA? Will some bats be better for the supposed new balls? If so, what are they? Let's hear what bats you guys will be targeting next year!
  15. T

For Sale/Trade 06 Flex

Nice Flex here. 26oz. No webbing, rattles, or cracks. Minimal endcap wear. Unknown # of hits, but would guess <500, as bat seems to just be opening up. Would be interested in a new 26 or 27oz SSR4 or SRV4 plus cash. Sale price of $290. Sold
  16. T

Been a good week

Bought a Flex on Monday. tuesday found out they may be banned come the 15th. Went to practice today, realized my Vinci TJ1952 was missing. Apparently left it at the field last game. $450 loss this week, not bad. Cool story, I know. F me
  17. T

For Sale Price check on this flex

unknown number of hits. No cracks or rattles. I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate here. thanks guys.
  18. T

Off balance when fielding

Maybe my range, flexibility, etc just isn't what it used to be, but I'm finding myself really off balance when fielding grounders this year. If I'm at short or to a lesser extent 3rd, if a ball is hit a few feet to either side of me, i find myself either getting in front of it but being way off...
  19. T

Broken or bruised ribs??

So a hard grounder took a bad hop Saturday, and drilled me right in the chest (right on the heart actually). It hurt for a bit, but I didn't think much of it. Yesterday morning I thought I was having a heart attack trying to get out of bed. Can't do a sit up, and hurts pretty bad to take...
  20. T

Managing Blows

Ok, so after 4 weeks of rainouts, we finally get a fall league game in (double header). Naturally half of our regulars either lost interest, or had to work. So a teammate knew a few guys that would play. One young guy, and two old guys (in their 50s, overweight). One had to play right, the...