Search results

1. S

Hitting high pitches

I haven't started standing back in the box yet because I like being able to the the short pitches. But I am going to try and get some BP and move around a bit. I consider a high pitch anything chest level, this is what im struggling with. I'm driving lower to hip level pitches.
  2. S

Hitting high pitches

Hey guys, This season I've been having issues driving high pitches. I'm not much of a power hitter, mainly line drives. A lot of pitches letter high I'm skying to the 2nd basemen and its frustrating. I was hoping you guys had some tips I could use to get this under control. Nothing worse...
  3. S

Hitting the Outside Pitch

Lots of great advice in here. Looking forward to getting out and doing some BP this weekend. Playoffs are in 2 weeks so hoping I can get it down by then.
  4. S

Appreciate the legit answers. I'll try stepping towards RF, I'm probably still striding directly towards the pitcher. Probably help me square up on the pitches vs feeling like I'm leaning out.
  5. S

great advice. I could have saved myself the 5 minutes to post and kept doing what I was doing. swinging hard and popping up.
  6. S

Hey guys, Looking for some pointers here. I've noticed I'm popping out alot when I'm being pitched outside. Generally there IF pop outs. But when the pitch is middle of the plate or inside a bit Im able to pull it to LC and get good hits to dead center. Anything I can do to keep these...
  7. S

when learning to hit to opposite field...

Just like Mrboom mentions, waiting for the right pitch is just as important. Let it be outside so you can go with it into opposite field.
  8. S

Chronic elbow tendonitis

I had it last season so severe at times where I was better off underhanding the damn ball back into the infield. I had zero strength in my arm when it would flare up I dreaded even going up to bat. I had to stop any workouts at the gym that would hit it, I've also tried to alter my throwing...
  9. S

$100 for a glove

Mizuno would of been my first choice if I didn't have to be budget conscious:D. I'm looking at grabbing a Craze before spring as well so I'd be sporting all Mizuno gear. But after this thread there are a ton of options out there for me to look at .
  10. S

$100 for a glove

Fellas, your both on spot with your points. I'm hearing what you guys are saying and I think that I might try to save a little bit more for my glove and look into a vinci. I want to get something that I'll like til its got nothing left to give. Its easy to dignify a new bat each season or...
  11. S

$100 for a glove

Thanks for all your input guys I appreciate it. From your guys experience does the softball/baseball glove make a difference? I know some gloves are sold as softball which say to have a deeper pocket. Wouldn't a baseball glove have a smaller pocket there for making catching a larger softball...
  12. S

$100 for a glove

I never really considered the used glove section on the board. I do like Mizuno and am a fan of there gloves. I Just didn't see anything NEW in the price range that I've given myself. I ended up having to finish out the season last year with a used Rawlings Renegade and I'm not a fan of it...
  13. S

$100 for a glove

Hey fellas, Im looking for a new glove this offseason, lost mine at the end of the year appearantly. I'm only looking to spend 100 max. I play outfield most of the time and I've heard really good things about the trapeze webs. I'd like to pick up a glove with this style webbing. I've...
  14. S

Worth Toxic Lite Softball Glove 13.5"

hey fellas I'm looking at a new glove this season and I would like to go with a trapeze style glove. I've come across this glove and was curious if anyone has used one before. This would be my first worth purchase so I'm looking for some guidance. I'm only looking to spend max 100 bucks also...
  15. S

Way High and Outside

Agreed with Hebrew Hacker on that. Give me a low outside pitch and I'll slam them through all day long. Swung at a pitch last Tuesday that was declared illegal, too low(I play ASA) and probably would of hit a lefthanded hitter in the damn shin. Punched it on a rope between 2nd and 1st.
  16. S

Cant pull hit for the life of me!!

I play in anoka county at John Ward parks mostly. Team name is SF Crew. Were looking to start of ball next summer playing at POV's also, but not sure yet. We play ASA ball. Going 7-9 hasnt really been the norm this year so this was a extremely good day for me. I just want to increase my...
  17. S

I hear ya ilyk2win and Jhall thanks guys. As far as rolling my wrists or not using my top hand correctly is there something I should be doing to get myself to do that correctly.
  18. S

barely get enough guys together to field 10 man team most weeks. So getting guys together for some BP and practice is pretty damn tuff. There isn't anyone really on my team that stands out that I should be taking pointers from to be honest, hence my posting this. When I do take BP i just try...
  19. S

I do get hits just last night i went 5-5 and then 2-4 but when the guys know "hey its that douche who can only hit straight center or short RF, Watch your face pitch" I get kinda easy to defend if there a good team. But I also will go through severe slumps for like 2-3 weeks where I blow balls...
  20. S

Hey guys I'm a righty and I've been playing softball for about 4 years now. I'm not a big guy by any means 6' 165lbs, definitely not a power hitter, still looking for the elusive 1st homer. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has some tips. I feel like I may have a whole in my...