Search results

1. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

I like your ingenuity! My first tee was a traffic cone that I placed on top of a wine crate.
  2. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Temperatures have been chilly but it did reach 67 yesterday. I've hit live pitching twice in the past week and hit about 75 balls off the tee yesterday. I've played in Florida Half Century, the SSUSA toc and the ISSA toc since January. I love playing in Florida! My tee work paid off as I won...
  3. BruceinGa

Senior bats

I believe the description also said a year's warranty!
  4. BruceinGa

Oldest hr hitter

Most are 300 ft, 7 ft high and symmetrical. One is 275, 7 ft and symmetrical. Needless to say we love to play there.
  5. BruceinGa

Senior bats

Did you see SSUSA's new rule? Bats must have SSUSA 1.21 bpf. That means ASA and USSSA bats illegal in that association. My Nightmares are also illegal now since it says Senior Softball World Championship.
  6. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

I now realize that 10-20 feet doesn't mean much by itself. Most here don't know my max distance. If I lunge my max distance is about 285 feet. If I stay back my max is about 305. There's the 20 feet. The bat I used in this instance was a 28oz Nightmare.
  7. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Here's a few things that I have realized through my tee work. 1) To get maximum distance I need to strike the ball at approximately 4 inches in front of my foot after my stride. 2) If I flex my back knee I get another 10-15 feet in distance. 3) If I keep my head back and don't lunge I get...
  8. BruceinGa

Senior bats

I've purchased 4! I told Bobby that I find the Hitman 44 as a very good bat. I've hit plenty that were worse.
  9. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Props to you for putting in the hours! Good idea , using the Jimmer Stick. You could move the tee over and out further so you would be pulling the ball. Check out some of my posts here about 15 years ago. I too used a traffic cone set on top of a wood wine crate.
  10. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

In my mind I try to replicate each swing off the tee. That holds true with ball placement on the tee, position of the tee, height of the tee etc. I have always thought that if I hit the ball with straight spin I would want 4 seams in the the spin, to get max distance. Anything but 4 seams...
  11. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Not necessarily "goes without saying". I've seen many that don't pay attention to the orientation of the ball on the tee. :)
  12. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Please start another.
  13. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

BB, nice to see you and put a face with a name! It's hard to believe it has been 18 years since we posted here! We ended up beating Hollis/Ted Todd in our third game. We were happy winning 2 of 3 games! Hope to see you again soon.
  14. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Yes, and play best 2 out of 3 against Hollis/Ted Todd.
  15. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

I missed you today
  16. BruceinGa

Commitment Line

I understand that SSUSA has changed the rule. I don't recall how the rule reads. You may want to check their msg board.
  17. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

We are playing in Lakeland today and tomorrow (Sunday)
  18. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

At this moment I'm talking to Bobby Schreyer!
  19. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

I played for Ted until 2 months ago.
  20. BruceinGa

Tee thread?

Sorry for the double post, trying to run my post count up. 🤭