Search results

1. beernbombs

All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

Pretty big news, guys. We won our Fall Thursday night D league. 6-0. I want my damn respect.
  2. beernbombs

New guy! Swing critique

Gotta gets those hips moving FIRST. Your hands appear to be going first. Here is Harper's swing slowed down. Notice how long his his hands stay back near his shoulder. Hit the settings icon on the video to slow down playback even more. Or use the '<' and '>' buttons to go one frame at a time.
  3. beernbombs

Arm strength

This.
  4. beernbombs

USSSA – Dead Ball Out-of-Play – How Many Bases?

Award is from runner's position at time of throw. 2nd base is where the runner is placed.
  5. beernbombs

LTB Mizuno Pro Limited

Text sent. GMP500AXBK $200 shipped.
  6. beernbombs

Need a Mizuno relaced

Also recommend Davis Relacing.
  7. beernbombs

LHT 13” First Base Mitt

I've got a Wilson Big Scoop A9886 LHT. Cleaned and conditioned plus new laces. $65 shipped. If you're interested PM me an email or cell number and I can send you some pics.
  8. beernbombs

ASA tournament scoring

1. All three runs are scored. Batter and all runners do not need to run bases on a four base award. 2. Only the run from third is scored.
  9. beernbombs

Throwing Home

There's another option to the 'throw home or throw it to the cut (2nd base). Use a middle of the diamond cut/ no cut player. Could be the pitcher or first baseman. Keep the throw low and it will hold the runner at first.
  10. beernbombs

Drinking and playing

1 or 2 before the game, 1 or 2 during the game, 4 or 8 after the game. That's league. A few guys will have a beer in the dugout, most wait til after, some don't drink at the park at all. Haven't played a tourney in quite a while, but used to have a drink in the morning and a few beers throughout...
  11. beernbombs

Bat suggestions - U16

Assuming she is consistently hitting for average as well as power, do not go down in weight or length. 33/25 is a big bat, but stick with it if she handles it well. By 18U most girls are swinging 34/24 or 33/23, but I see a few 34/25. 34/26 is for the big hitters. In my experience, players tend...
  12. beernbombs

USSSA Slowpitch bat

I don't think it's relevant to the OP, but the Utrip version of the Easton Ghost has a 'fastpitch only' USSSA thumbprint. I don't believe that it's been done before. Sure to cause more confusion with clueless LDs and umps.
  13. beernbombs

Batting team leaves dugout gate open

Or you could not throw the ball in the dugout.
  14. beernbombs

Interference at 3rd Base

By using- EXCEPTION:If the interference prevents the fielder from catching a routine fly ball, fair or foul, with ordinary effort, the batter is also out.
  15. beernbombs

Interference at 3rd Base

I'm not sure how NFHS and ASA rules line up, but they're pretty close. ASA allows for 2 outs in this scenario.
  16. beernbombs

Opinons on good fastpitch bat for 12u

USA Baseball decertified (made illegal) the USA Easton Ghost X bat in a 30 inch drop 10 in the 30/20 on 5/3/2018. That's it. Baseball only.
  17. beernbombs

Playing men's fast pitch for the first time...

47/375 ball for fastpitch.
  18. beernbombs

Need composite bat for 6U softball team

You'll have a hard time finding anything composite under 28". And those are probably too heavy for 5 and 6 year olds. Does it have to be an official fastpitch bat? (ASA, USSSA stamps, etc.) What ball are they hitting? They do make composite T-ball bats.
  19. beernbombs

USSSA award of bases

https://usssa.com/docs/2018/2018_SP_RuleBook.pdf Page 47. Rule 8.7.F.1.
  20. beernbombs

Sesamoid injuries/sesamoiditis

Get rid of your molded or metal spikes, if you haven't already. Get some turf shoes or trail runners.