Search results

1. jsam21238

ASA ASA FP Infield Fly Rule verbal or hand

I wish there was a like button
  2. jsam21238

ASA Too lazy to look it up....

Yes... it would be a 2 base award from time of pitch. A fair batted ball that leaves the playing field after touching the ground.
  3. jsam21238

ASA Pitching with Fingerless Glove

Oh... so I can use those super sticky football receiving gloves? Good to know.
  4. jsam21238

For Sale Nick Swisher 1B Mitt

All the catchers that wear All Star mitts do too...
  5. jsam21238

For Sale Ruben Sierra Game Issued Glove

This is memorabilia and really a fielding glove.
  6. jsam21238

Other Interference or obstruction

I believe that it is a tangle/untangle situation.
  7. jsam21238

USSSA Great catch on outside of the fence

Yep... that is a 4 base error.
  8. jsam21238

Other Saw something funny the other day

I agree with you 100%
  9. jsam21238

Other Saw something funny the other day

When a league or organization makes it a point of emphasis then you have to do it.
  10. jsam21238

ASA Runner picks up ball while off base

What about the runner who is off the base holding the ball? It prevents the defense from making a play on him.
  11. jsam21238

ASA Runner picks up ball while off base

Runner is out for interference... for picking up and throwing a live ball.
  12. jsam21238

ASA One of those stupid question.

No you can't
  13. jsam21238

USSSA Force Rule and Walk-off

Because 5 games will cover everything that they will need to know. I know guy that have umpired for 25 years who still think that live ball appeals are force plays.
  14. jsam21238

ASA After Being Hit By Pitch Batter Still Wanted To Bat

And, correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't the batter out if they refuse to take the base that they are awarded?
  15. jsam21238

USSSA Force Rule and Walk-off

Now... I'm not sure if it is different from baseball but if the run scores and the Batter Runner reaches first then we have a ball game, if play doesn't continue. The ending of the Reds Dbacks game earlier this year is an example.
  16. jsam21238

ASA ASA foul catch

Well with the way that it is written, if the fielder can demonstrate a voluntary release ONLY is could also be determined a catch. This is going tl be far fetched but hear me out... Say a player is juggling the ball as they move towards dead ball territory. They then throw the ball backwards...
  17. jsam21238

ASA ASA foul catch

The biggest problem with this is the "and/or" in the rule... I know the baseball OBR only says "and" when it comes to the voluntarily release. I think the "and/or" adds an unnecessary grey area into the rule.
  18. jsam21238

ASA Neither Team Knew It Was A Dropped Third Strike

When I did baseball... my mask would come off, I got out from behind the plate and held my strike signal until someone realized something was up.
  19. jsam21238

ASA What the what just happened here?

That is when you just calmly say, "We will be playing this game under protest." And move along.
  20. jsam21238

Your response when your significant other asks you to quit softball

My wife told me that I could either play softball or coach baseball... I decided to coach and actually make money.