Search results

1. xjarcher

Passive aggressive okay?

I'm LD for a bush league. We have a team that will bait the opposition by calling players names etc. and then tell them that they are bad sports when they finally respond. In a game as an umpire how do you manage such behavior?
  2. xjarcher

ASA Interfering with a rolling ball

No fences in this league. A ball is thrown in from the outfield and pitcher misses it. rolls toward fielding teams bench. Player gets up and kicks the ball thus preventing it from going out of play. In an ASA league what would the ruling be?
  3. xjarcher

16 Z4000????

I have a 16 Z4 ASA that I bought here in June. It's had about 100 swings since arrival. In Tuesday's game it started sounding different on contact and the ball is not traveling nearly as well. I've inspected it carefully, no cracks and no additional webbing. I'm thinking I spend about a dollar...
  4. xjarcher

Like to know

SBF has the discontinued 15 DBSP7 on sale for $99. What's the deal with it? I've only had one composite bat but might pick this up just to try it unless there's a problem.
  5. xjarcher

ASA ball question.

I know that the 52/300 is the tourney ball. Is the league ball a 44/375 now or a 44/400? I have a coaches meeting soon and we will need to have that figured out. I can't imagine there's much difference between a 375 and a 400. Thanks.
  6. xjarcher

2015 banned bat list

I'm looking for a picture of the 2015 banned bat list. The link to the website is not functional. Anyone have one?
  7. xjarcher

ASA Force or not?

Bases are loaded one out. Batter his grounder to 3rd. He steps on the base (runner from 2nd is out) and throws to catcher who steps on the plate but doesn't apply a tag. Ump says safe because there is no force and you must tag. Correct?
  8. xjarcher

Batters box pad?

Our batter's boxes are terrible. I dig them out and fill them with clay, tamp it down, let it dry and they still get dug out and messy. I've seen what looks like a mat with turf on it in a few videos. Can someone tell me what they are made of? I'm going to put one together during the off season...
  9. xjarcher

Ball question

I'm a LD, we are using 44/375's this season. Are they going away at the end of the season? At our pre season meeting we discussed the fact that the 52/300's are around the corner. I have another meeting in a couple weeks so it would be nice to be able to communicate the plan. Thanks.
  10. xjarcher

LD question

Not sure if this will fit here but we'll try it. I'm a LD and we have two divisions - think "E" and "church" ball- I have 6 "E" and 10 "church" teams. Any one have an idea who I can have some "church" teams play some "E" teams without it being a disaster? Runs per inning rules etc. I'll take...
  11. xjarcher

Worth ball help

I'm a veteran player and a new League director. We have used Gold dot 44/375's for years in effort to make it as safe as possible for players (very bush league). Is that our best option? We've seen a few other brands but most go to worth. is the Gold the least "hot" of the bunch? I know ASA...
  12. xjarcher

New LD needs help.

I am going to volunteer to be our LD for next year. Small league with about 12-14 teams in two divisions. I'd like to get some software to manage things because we have mulitple fields with several teams sharing the same "home field" etc. Any suggestions?
  13. xjarcher

Not too bright but---

Our league rule says "must have ASA stamp" and says nothing about banned bats. I messaged the LD and he says "I've never seen the banned bats list, wouldn't want to tell someone they couldn't use a bat they spent a bunch of money on" DUH the league went to ASA stamps and gold dots to make it...
  14. xjarcher

New to me Omega

I'm getting an Omega from a board bro and the association stickers look like someone tried to take them off. :confused: Can I get replacements? If TB happens to see this, I'll send it in to you for a reapply if needed. After the season of course! Never had this problem, what can be done? Check...
  15. xjarcher

LTB LTB Nanotek Omega 28oz

I need an Omega in 28oz. Have a 10 Techzilla I am willing to add to sweeten the deal.
  16. xjarcher

Need an 34/28 Omega

Hey I'm looking for a 28oz Omega. Was going to buy one from a guy here but I took a shower and didn't PM him back right away and he sold it to someone else. Need it for Next Tuesday's game. have a 10 TZ in great shape I'll trade plus cash if someone wants it. thanks!
  17. xjarcher

For Sale/Trade Minty '10 tz 34/28

20 swings and one HR on my '10 TZ 34/28 Pm for pics I'd like $100 shipped or will consider trades (must be 34/28oz), Trades plus cash as appropriate. TZRB RTRL
  18. xjarcher

Two questions

Hey fellow Anarchists, I have two questions. 1) What's with the new ASA bat regulations, are ABC bats not as hot because they meet all association standards? 2) I'm looking for feedback on how ABC bats work with the new 52/300 ball. Thanks!
  19. xjarcher

Which ball?

Our commish says we can get Worth ASA gold dots for $55/Doz. I can get Thunder heats from SF store for $55 shipped. Which one is better? Not a lot of long ball hitters we just want a good ball that is durable. We've never used anything but gold dots because we are all cheap.
  20. xjarcher

FP batting help

My niece has a TZFP and the coaches think the bat is too short (31 IIRC). In the slow pitch world we drop a finger or two, is this done in FP? If you have some intel let me know, no cash for a new bat right now and she really likes it.