Search results

1. T

Pitching screen

pitching screens are a result of participation trophies. field your position, get some safety equipment, or get out of the position. and, yes, I pitch
  2. T

ASA Fielder shifting during at bat

This right here. If you are noticing anything after the ball leaves the pitchers hand, you shouldn't be batting. And if it is something that is bad enuf to distract you, it should be an easy call for the umpire.
  3. T

Is throwing overhand just an illegal pitch?

WOW 4 pages of mostly trolling. In the Ask the Umpire section to boot. With hardly any of it to do with answering the OPs question. Thought we had moderators for this.
  4. T

ASA illegal glove

So, what i get from this is, it is ok to have an illegal glove as long as player using the illegal glove is not involved in a play??
  5. T

ASA Slow pitch called stike?

Here is my take on this. If one is umpiring without a mat and judges that half of the ball caught the corner of the plate it would be a strike. Why would one call it anything else if they have a mat, assuming the mat is the same width of the plate, when there is something there (the mat) that...
  6. T

ASA Ball damage

I agree Bobby Thats why have have these
  7. T

ASA Ball damage

Is this ball ok to play in ASA? If not, what rule would apply?
  8. T

What would you do?

"In fact he had already crossed home before anyone could HEAR me trying to kill the play to admit my mistake. from this, it sounds like no one heard, nor paid attention to your wrong call, especially if you were pointing fair, most knowing it was should be fair as it hit the base. to me, where...
  9. T

ASA 8 players.

no Section 5. DEFENSIVE POSITIONING. A. The pitcher shall not deliver a pitch unless all available defensive players are positioned in fair territory, except the catcher who must be in the catcher’s box. B. A fielder shall not take a position in the batter’s line of vision or, with deliberate...
  10. T

ASA Courtesy Runner

Dang it, I am behind the times. When did ASA start allowing courtesy runners for All Adult Slow Pitch???
  11. T

ASA Forfeit Called

Here is the situation ASA Coed. Team had turned in their line up with 6 guys and 6 girls. Bottom of 1st inning, 2 outs, scorekeeper calls umpire over and tells him that the home team has 12 on their lineup but only 11 players. Girl had to leave just before game started due to family emergency...
  12. T

Dumb Ump Tosses Bat and Breaks It!

i just went out and measured to the roofline on my 2 story house to the patio. measures 17.5 feet so you are saying he threw this bat the equivalent of a 4 story home at 35 feet or a 5 story or better at 45 feet???????? i call BS on that. Pics of said backstop or TOTAL BS on that height but...
  13. T

USSSA Homerun fair or foul

Speak with his UIC and explain what he said to you, or, When he makes that call against you, file a protest
  14. T

Other Fly ball

Can't figure why, in this situation, he would intentionally drop the ball. It was the 3rd out, no reason to drop it intentionally, unless he was unaware of the number of outs, and thought he could turn a double play. OR Unless it was a timed game and he was trying to work the clock.
  15. T

Other Fly ball

LOL.......:wtf2:
  16. T

Ergonomic Grip

yep......made by Easton I think. Zapper III
  17. T

Easton question

Have a feeling Easton bats are going to get VERY affordable Which may bring bat prices down from everyone Could wind up being a good thing after all
  18. T

Easton question

From no replies to the Easton deal post by Milocoman, looks like that may be the feeling from a lot of people
  19. T

SBFs Forum

Yes....the trolls are killing it here And the mods are blind to it And it does no good to report it
  20. T

ASA Too lazy to look it up....

everybody missed the OPs last quesion... It won't often happen but, a batted ball that bounced off the bag and went into the dugout would be a double?