Search results

1. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Umpire Equipment

I will be putting together a bunch of Umpire stuff I will have for sale in the next week or so. Among the items will be some ASA and other shirts......L and XL. I have more. I also have three XL dual pocket Elbeco shirts.......two ASA and one from my old HS association. It is so long ago...
  2. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Please don't delete

Again.....please do not delete your questions. There might be some good nuggets in there. JMHO Joel
  3. Gulf Coast Blue

Damn Astros 2013

I feel like I am holding up this rock....... But I think it is going to squish me this year..... Joel
  4. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Deleting Threads.....

I was having a bout of insomnia last night and was able to answer a posters question with one or two follow ups. It was later deleted because he got his answer....... I wish it would have stayed up.....because it was a fairly basic question....that had some nuances that could have...
  5. Gulf Coast Blue

RIP Jack Pardee

Born April 19, 1936 Exira, Iowa Died April 1, 2013 (aged 76) Denver, Colorado Playing career 1954–1956 1957–1970 1971–1973 Texas A&M Los Angeles Rams Washington Redskins Position(s) Fullback, linebacker Coaching career (HC unless noted) 1974 1975–1977 1978–1980 1981 1984–1985...
  6. Gulf Coast Blue

Johnny Manziel

A good friend of mine did this......He is a graduate of Southwest Texas State and UTMB Southwestern......but still propped the Aggies.....I could not have done it.....but he is a bigger man than I...... I hate them because they are the aggies.....and because they are Sumlin stealers........UH...
  7. Gulf Coast Blue

Rick Majerus dead at 64

ST. LOUIS (AP) — At Rick Majerus' final stop, the lone concession to the coach's health woes were the footstools stationed at each corner of the practice court. Close by anytime he needed a breather. Close enough, too, to jump up for some hands-on assistance with the proper stance or to lead...
  8. Gulf Coast Blue

Jets V Texans......

As a Texans fan....I am worried that they wont take the game seriously..... I will think they will win....but not cover the spread....... Joel
  9. Gulf Coast Blue

Any This Section should be called.....

Cry about the umpire...... Most plays are called correct. Joel
  10. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Wtf

I am seeing post today from yesterday that I did not see yesterday. Maybe too much celebrations for my 2nd daughter graduating......only one more to go......another two and a half years in nursing school........and I will be done!!! Except the oldest now wants to go to Med School......but...
  11. Gulf Coast Blue

ASA Why We Need Catchers

Joel
  12. Gulf Coast Blue

GTG NCASAUmp

We traded flipping coins. Communication was great and I thing both of us were happy with the deal. Good guy to deal with. Joel
  13. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Hey pob

Patrick.......pm me your email address........I have something to send to you....... The site will not let me send you a pm.........don't know why...... Joel
  14. Gulf Coast Blue

Any I think I broke a rib....or two....

I am done umpiring for the summer season......but it still sucks.......the last time I broke a rib, I still umpired my Sunday morning games......... This issue does not involve Cattle or a bad shower........as my two previous ones did.........but I think I broke the same ribs as the shower...
  15. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Wreck leagues.....

Most around here are pretty darn good.......as an umpire.....I have to keep on my toes in SP way more than FP.......Granted.....I have always had the same partner.....and maybe we were getting the best games.......but I have seen a ton of different players..........so I am not so sure about...
  16. Gulf Coast Blue

Any My Safe Call.....

Best Safe call ever....... Joel
  17. Gulf Coast Blue

Any Cartoons for the players

Here ya go..... How most people of SBF feel about other peoples' bats. How pitchers feel.... Without a base coach.... Ground rule double in AZ..... How many pitchers feel they should be treated..... Sometimes.....you should not wish for things...
  18. Gulf Coast Blue

Any My favorite Umpire Funnies

I will also post one for players shortly..... This used to be my avatar....but was too small to see.... What we are really thinking.....:rolleyes: Why catchers are important.... Why proper pronounciation is critical... New coping mechanism... So everyone...
  19. Gulf Coast Blue

What is the best....

Indicator........I have heard +POS. Also, I am not sure if it should be the three ball, two strike one or the four ball, three strike one. They also have them that count the number of innings.........should I get that? I used the search fuction but could not find it. I also need to know...
  20. Gulf Coast Blue

Other State Champs

The Galveston County Daily News http://galvestondailynews.com/ I have coached two and umpired many of these girls.......congrats......... I am proud.......... Joel