Any Deleting Threads.....

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
I was having a bout of insomnia last night and was able to answer a posters question with one or two follow ups.

It was later deleted because he got his answer.......

I wish it would have stayed up.....because it was a fairly basic question....that had some nuances that could have changed the ruling.

Don't delete your questions just because you are satisfied......there can be many other people that benefit from your query......

JMHO

Joel

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I was having a bout of insomnia last night and was able to answer a posters question with one or two follow ups.

It was later deleted because he got his answer.......

I wish it would have stayed up.....because it was a fairly basic question....that had some nuances that could have changed the ruling.

Don't delete your questions just because you are satisfied......there can be many other people that benefit from your query......

JMHO

Joel

Agreed! We can all learn from each other this way.

BrianWitty

Addicted to Softballfans
My bad- meant no harm... The question was to make sure I made the right call...

The batter hit a short pop up, stood and watched it for a second, the catcher ran about 6 ft or so and crossed just over the first base line, the batter then took off bat in hand and hit the catcher preventing her (coed) from making the play. He then dropped the bat and took first. I called him out. Not only did I see it as interference, I also thought I remembered that you can't make contact at all with another player while still holding the bat.- I couldn't find anything about that - only that he was out if he touched first while still holding the bat. Anyway, gulf coast blue, informed me that I had made the correct call based on interference because the catcher was the logical player to be making a play on the ball. But that the bat really had no bearing on the call in that situation.
Anyway I'm not an umpire, but I do play a lot, and was merely helping out some buddies put on a tourney after they had a no show.