Search results

1. S

Probably redundant 1st base mitt help thread

It’s only money, right? I ordered meself a first base mitt and a 13.5 softball pattern glove to replace my beloved Vinci custom of 7 years (want to retire it while she’s still pretty). British tan steerhide on both, brown laces on the former, navy bits and laces on the latter. Thanks all...
  2. S

It is indeed, I may do a couple things differently (not by much), but that’s a really good looking set of decisions you made. I’ve seen a couple of their gloves in that color, but wasn’t sure. The builder does not do it justice. I think I’ve got an idea what I’m gonna do- I may bug you if I...
  3. S

What color leather is this one? I wants this!
  4. S

oh I’m absolutely doing the recessed logo, I like that a lot. I’m waffling on color, I do likes me some black gloves, but tbd
  5. S

With the gloveworks sale that popped up today, I’m thinking it’s time to take the plunge. Aside from the stamped recessed logo, does anybody have any other off book customizations I should consider requesting?
  6. S

Thanks folks- this is all valuable to my hunting, especially the info from my fellow meaty fingered friends.
  7. S

Good morning, people who know way more about gloves than me. I’ve come to pick your brains, even if it’s adjacent to other queries. I’m adding a full time first base league night, and want to get a medium nice to fairly nice first base mitt. I’ve gone into research and information overload...
  8. S

Some older heavy metals for sale

Seconded, got my pair of bats quickly and well packaged.
  9. S

Some older heavy metals for sale

PayPal sent for nano and TZ reborn.
  10. S

For Sale Vinci TJ1952-OB 13.5" NEW! in Black $139 SOLD!

PP sent as goods, added the 3% for fees to balance.
  11. S

I'm still trying to buy this off of you if it's available.
  12. S

Message sent, if it still exists.
  13. S

should I get a new Vinci TJ1952 or an alternative?

You're probably right, turbolumpy, but I need to have a good backup first.
  14. S

Thanks much for the input. I did catch that glovesmith has a sale on their customs at the moment, so that may be the course I take. For some reason I've just never been much of a fan of traps or the closed webs, so that may be the road I take.
  15. S

Alright folks with glove knowledge- I'm hunting for a new glove to replace/retire my beloved custom Vinci TJ1952. I like the size(13.5 inch), the H-web, and the wide pocket to start with. My question is this- is there something else I should look at in another manufacturer, or is sticking...
  16. S

Middle of Illinois still your territory for Vinci? I am looking at either a new custom or a...

Middle of Illinois still your territory for Vinci? I am looking at either a new custom or a stock tj1952 equivalent. The custom I ordered through you 4 years ago is about ready to be retired I fear.
  17. S

Navy lace hunt

Thanks a ton man- I had come across that middle source (I couldn't gauge how legitimate it is), but I had never found the first one. The big thing is knowing how many to source- that will help me out immeasurably.
  18. S

Navy lace hunt

So, I'm finding it's incredibly difficult to source navy laces for my Vinci glove. Anybody in here know of a source? I have only been able to find the Mizuno ones, and getting the one (literally, they only sent one lace) I needed from Amazon solved my initial problem. That said, they are a...
  19. S

For Sale 28oz NIW Matrix

Have you still got this? -nick
  20. S

Umpire on Anderson.

I'll admit freely that I do not hit well enough to get called out, at least not lately. I did say "screw it" lately and went back to some terrible things I used to do that worked. Turns out they kinda work again.