Search results

1. jhitman

Slow pitch balls

Always shop around. I looked at 5 different sites for a specific softball for BP last year. Most of the time there is only a variance of $10-$15 at most though.
  2. jhitman

Miken USA/ASA bats.

I have a Primo maxload bat and it is very good as well as durable.
  3. jhitman

Easton Greg Connell Resmondo 1 piece (2024) bat

Thanks for the offer. I'm holding out for the 1 piece Connell Resmondo bat. They should have more in stock by the end of the month.
  4. jhitman

Easton Greg Connell Resmondo 1 piece (2024) bat

Does anyone know where I can purchase this bat? It seems to be sold out most everywhere. Maybe there is an Easton rep on here that can help?
  5. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I could be wrong on the price per game, but it was $30 two years ago. It could have gone up slightly, but I'm sure it's not more than $35. In our leagues it doesn't make much difference as we can use ASA/USA bats or USSSA bats. The only thing they would have to look for if someone tries to sneak...
  6. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I agree. We did have a few umpires, that retired from umping, that used to ask to see everyone's bats before the game started. Now we are lucky if we can get an umpire to even show up on time. I think they get about $30 an hour here. Since we play all DH's $60.00 for 2 hours of work. We even...
  7. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I agree that the umps don't know or even check our bats here in MD. If someone tries to sneak in a senior bat here it's usually called out by the opposing team. No offense to the umpires, but they don't have a clue. For most here they get very little training and it's just a part-time gig to...
  8. jhitman

Under the radar bats

We play mostly ASA/USA here as well, but are allowed to use USSSA bats in our leagues. I find that the USSSA bats hit the 52's just as well as the ASA/USA bats. We have a few senior leagues here that use the 44 cor 375 comp softball and use my USSSA bats for those.
  9. jhitman

Under the radar bats

Also, the Freak98. That took forever to open up and lasted forever. I agree those days are long gone, but you shouldn't have bats with the 240 psi standard that fails after one or two BP sessions. It makes the bat hot, but it's now prone to breaking way too early. I did see some demos on some of...
  10. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I agree 100%. I take a lot of BP and play a good amount of games. I don't want a bat that may or may not even get me through the season. Back 10 years ago I had bats that lasted 3-4 years with several thousand hits on them in every kind of weather conditions. I saw one bat demoed recently that...
  11. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I've seen at least 3 separate reviews on specific bats. They put 100 swings on them and they are already failing compression. Not too long ago it took at least 100 swings just to get the bat going. They go to this new 240 standard and then the bat manufacturers make bats that fail that mark...
  12. jhitman

Under the radar bats

For me it's about money too, but I don't want to waste my $$ on bats that are not durable and I can't BP. I'd rather get a slower to break in bat and BP it until it's game ready. That's just me and I'm not one of those instant gratification people.
  13. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I've seen a lot of demos on the new bats. Most are starting out between 250-275. Once they get about 100 hits several are failing compression. If that's the case, which it seems to be, why did they change from the 220 standard to 240? They don't test here in out local leagues, but my biggest...
  14. jhitman

DC41 Supermax

I agree they are pure mush in the heat. I had a buddy put them in a cooler before a DH years ago to keep them lively. It was hot 90+ degree day. We brought them out right before the game and scored 17 runs in the 1st inning.
  15. jhitman

Under the radar bats

What is your opinion on the Easton Thing bat? I see them really cheap online.
  16. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I agree. I just don't want to get a dud even if it is a cheaper price. I saw a demo on a bat that I was interested in and it broke within 40 swings. We used to have a local bat rep that would let us demo bats so we could make smart choices on what fit your swing the best. He isn't around here...
  17. jhitman

Under the radar bats

I saw it on Easton's site for $99 (Easton Thing 2023). Do you think it is as good as the new LS Sluggers or Demarinis????
  18. jhitman

DC41 Supermax

I agree 100%. I was using my ASA bat to take a few swings before an ASA game last season. I usually swing a USSSA bat with the 52's because I think they perform just as well as the ASA bats. The guy brought the wrong bucket of balls and I ended up taking a few swings with the 44 cor balls. I...
  19. jhitman

The Slugger 2 Piece "Bubblegum" launches tomorrow!

I think they state that on their web-site as well. The paint seams, don't hit them in the cooler temps and start out with 52's raise concerns. The starting with 52's is not as much of a concern for me as that will break the bat in slowly and is probably better in the long run. Hit the bat with...
  20. jhitman

Under the radar bats

Thanks I will check it out.