DC41 Supermax

JayMac33

Are the DC41 supermax, black with red lettering, approved for Senior USSA?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_101211_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_101211_Google.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 9

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Champion seniors SSUSA tournaments do not allow ASA/USA approved bats. Your local seniors league may or may not allow them. That would be a question for your LD

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
If it is indeed a USSSA senior tourny you can use pretty much whatever bat you want. If it's a SSUSA tourny, the bat must have an SSUSA stamp. As mentioned above, no other bats are legal.

This crap gets confusing after a while.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I learn something new every day. With all that goes on in utrip and their bat regulations confusing is putting it lightly. It makes ass for sense if UTRIP seniors allows ASA/USA bats imo.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I learn something new every day. With all that goes on in utrip and their bat regulations confusing is putting it lightly. It makes ass for sense if UTRIP seniors allows ASA/USA bats imo.

To be perfectly honest, I have no clue whether ASA bats are legal in USSSA seniors or not. I've never seen anyone try to use one.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Kinda strange to not allow ASA bats or am I missing something?
If you're missing something so am I. Thought the same thing when I called SSUSA office to clarify the bat rules for 2024. It was mentioned by a couple guys on here in the seniors forums I think it was, and I saw the same person/persons on the SSUSA msg board asking about what's what. One of them was/is under the impression that his nightmare bat is not legal cuz it says something else along with the seniors stamp, but infact his bat is legal cuz of the senior stamp designation on it. I wanted to be clear for my sake in the event I decided to play senior ball here. The flakes the put the league together here have no clue and they also tend to implement their own made up rules at times. 🙄
Anyways when on the phone with them I mentioned ASA/USA bats and was told that leagues may allow them but they're not allowed in ssusa championship play/tournaments. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but now I know.
It does make sense to me tho that usssa senior ball does not allow ASA/USA bats.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
If you're missing something so am I. Thought the same thing when I called SSUSA office to clarify the bat rules for 2024. It was mentioned by a couple guys on here in the seniors forums I think it was, and I saw the same person/persons on the SSUSA msg board asking about what's what. One of them was/is under the impression that his nightmare bat is not legal cuz it says something else along with the seniors stamp, but infact his bat is legal cuz of the senior stamp designation on it. I wanted to be clear for my sake in the event I decided to play senior ball here. The flakes the put the league together here have no clue and they also tend to implement their own made up rules at times. 🙄
Anyways when on the phone with them I mentioned ASA/USA bats and was told that leagues may allow them but they're not allowed in ssusa championship play/tournaments. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but now I know.
It does make sense to me tho that usssa senior ball does not allow ASA/USA bats.

I'm coming to the conclusion that SSUSA is an idiot organization. We're going to make you buy OUR bats (which largely have terrible durability), and we're not going to allow you to use any deader bats. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

They're being contradictory here simply because they can.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Most modern ASA bats will break rather quickly using that senior ball (44/375?) anyway. I have better performance with my 220 USSSA bats than I do with the senior models. Have been hesitant to move over to senior ball (O50) up to this point, and now I will probably avoid it even further or at least SSUSA anyway.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I kind of liken SSUSA to UTRIP with their bat rules/regulations. With all that UTRIP has done with stamps/standards and (grandfather) 220 bats kinda sorta, then come out and say ok grandfather over in championship play but leagues can allow them if they wish. Perhaps I am biased to ASA as that is all that is played around here and they at least grandfather all ASA/USA bats across the board. There are those older Easton's that are not legal anymore (idk why) but that was Easton pulling their own plug on those. Everytime I thought about buying/trying utrip bats (cuz our ASA league allows them 🙄) I just couldn't justify it for fear of possibly being stuck with a bat/bats I may or may not be able to use. Same with senior bats, although I do have one that I purchased couple yrs back, but find myself thinking the same thing as #ilyk2win not so sure that i want to even involve myself with all of that stuff.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I kind of liken SSUSA to UTRIP with their bat rules/regulations. With all that UTRIP has done with stamps/standards and (grandfather) 220 bats kinda sorta, then come out and say ok grandfather over in championship play but leagues can allow them if they wish. Perhaps I am biased to ASA as that is all that is played around here and they at least grandfather all ASA/USA bats across the board. There are those older Easton's that are not legal anymore (idk why) but that was Easton pulling their own plug on those. Everytime I thought about buying/trying utrip bats (cuz our ASA league allows them 🙄) I just couldn't justify it for fear of possibly being stuck with a bat/bats I may or may not be able to use. Same with senior bats, although I do have one that I purchased couple yrs back, but find myself thinking the same thing as #ilyk2win not so sure that i want to even involve myself with all of that stuff.

Oh, don't get me wrong, USSSA pisses me off too. "Indefinitely grandfathered in" ended up being 2 years. USSSA is also greedy. Exorbitant gate fees in Viera, $8 per beer, etc. Not to mention the whole racketeering thing.

jhitman

With higher compression balls being used ASA bats would not be the best choice, especially non linear ones.

I agree 100%. I was using my ASA bat to take a few swings before an ASA game last season. I usually swing a USSSA bat with the 52's because I think they perform just as well as the ASA bats. The guy brought the wrong bucket of balls and I ended up taking a few swings with the 44 cor balls. I knew it right away by the sound coming off the bat. The one thing I will say is the ASA bat hit the 44's really well. I only took a few swings but hit some long balls with it. The only problem is that the bat will break if you make this a regular routine as they ASA bats are not meant for the higher compression balls.

jhitman

I agree they are pure mush in the heat. I had a buddy put them in a cooler before a DH years ago to keep them lively. It was hot 90+ degree day. We brought them out right before the game and scored 17 runs in the 1st inning.

yohann_chadenat

Strange ASA bats would be forbidden...i was under the impression that the main difference between ASA and SSUSA bats was on the restrictors to avoid the ASA bats to overperform...so why forbidding them? Per definition they should be less dangerous...