Search results

1. B

ASA What's the Call

Remind me to reference this post when I confuse the poor jokers who umpire in our league by attempting this during a run down.... Bet every last one of them calls an out because you had already occupied 2b or 3b depending on the starting bag when I get into said pickle. "wait he can't just run...
  2. B

Best Bat To Get For Myself?

Of course the higher levels tend to have more folks seriously invested in their equipment or a sponsor that gets a group deal or if your really lucky provides it all. But most of us will never get to that level or have someone like that pay for you to play this game. Most guys at the rec/e level...
  3. B

At which point you start a new "team bat fund" for everyone to throw in $20 or whatever they can... come on the board here and pick up a new stick for them to swing.
  4. B

I think the bigger issue is lack of respect for your equipment. I could care less if you want to swing my bat or yours. That said, if you throw my bat in anger - hit it against a pole, slam it into the ground like your wedge after you chunked it from 75 yards or anything like that and we have an...
  5. B

1st year coach... looking for advice.

Great Advice right there. Biggest thing I would add is make sure you have a core group of guys all working towards the same goal. Know what the goal is - have fun, win the league/tourney, get better and move up etc.... Having the same 8-9 guys each week makes a difference and your subs need to...
  6. B

Rule Changes - All Associations

oh and my rcf on my league team is 130pds but faster than gazelle... he hits 200 ft bombs. :-)
  7. B

Hell 150pds and ripping a 350ft shot that's still impressive. Few people have that kinda bat speed at that weight.
  8. B

a wood bat shows the true hitters of the game - would love to see it go back to that or hell just go to clinchers... Always amazing what a 125 pound dude with a fire stick can do... keep pounding your chest bro...
  9. B

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

Had played a tourney about 5-6 years ago - we wound up winning the first two games and had like 4-5 hours before next game. Bunch of dudes got drunk in the parking lot and tried to play the next game. Watched our left center fielder run for the ball and miss horribly...problem was there was a...
  10. B

How did they "recertify" those metal bats

There is absolutely a difference with those composite bats when you compare them to old school aluminum and wood bats.. It always amazed me when they had a wood bat tourney, how many of these "mashers" sucked. But put a composite bat in their hand and its amazing the difference. They become 300...
  11. B

Dbaggery

about what, there are plenty of other threads about d-bags as well multiple d-bags in softball...
  12. B

2013 new usssa info

That right there is the truth... if they think it is a big deal, that is all they care, not that they beat people who are of less competition, they would be happy participating special olympics and winning...they wouldn't even think twice that it was against people with disabilities, they would...
  13. B

Dbaggery

plenty of dbags in softball - see multiple thread created on this issue... as for banning, would be up to the league or tourney director to actually ban them...
  14. B

Bigger strike zone?

lmao....that's great
  15. B

Bigger strike zone?

mats just take the human factor out of it... like other posters have said, you may get a benefit of call or something right on a border that the mat doesn't afford you. it comes down to, do you want a consistent thing that nobody can argue unless its over height, or something that becomes...
  16. B

Distance vs. Ounces

yea but the left testicle sweat affects it more than any other variable...
  17. B

Changing pitchers during game?

i will try to change the tempo of the game first, go talk to the pitcher, stall a bit, get them out of their rythm... if they are on it, I make a move, if they continue to hit, more power to them but you gotta do something to change it up... can't just take the butt whooping if you have other...
  18. B

3M Spray on the barrel of your bat

rarely enforced because nobody says anytthing... we have some dbag in our league that does it all the time, except he sprays senior bats, ultra 2's reeboks etc...or has em painted and shaved... we told the umpire ahead of time, he checked every bat from every team, threw all of this kids bats...
  19. B

Horrible director for ISA park!

what this amounts to -----> STOP SANDBAGGING!!!!
  20. B

Picking up players online?

i always do a bp session if possible first or bring them to a game against a scrub team that I know I can afford to have someone I have no clue about their skills...usually it works our but there are times I have had some guys way overestimate their skills. Even if they have a bad game, you can...