Search results

1. brees6221

Question on a homerun

They're both obnoxious and you guys lose 3-1, lol.
  2. brees6221

Exclusive Forum Member Giveaway Poll

Link to Corrected Poll: http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/exclusive-forum-member-giveaway-poll-corrected.1431028/
  3. brees6221

Exclusive Forum Member Giveaway Poll

Another vote for bat.
  4. brees6221

tourney with odd HR rules, need some lineup advice

Once you place your HR hitters, I would think it's just as important to consider who to place before and after them. Have a guy who can consistently put the ball in play but isn't very fast? Put him right before your HR hitter. Put your speedy guys/extra base hitters right after.
  5. brees6221

USSSA Non-approved ball

We were playing last week against a team that had quite a few more power hitters than us. During the first game they tried to put a non-approved ball into play to give themselves an advantage. The ump immediately checked the ball, said, "Get that outta here" and rolled it back to their dugout...
  6. brees6221

Softball pitching mask

I picked up a Cascade lacrosse helmet to use this year and pitched a BP session this past weekend, still getting used to it. I had trouble putting it on with sunglasses on but that was my first attempt. I ditched the sunglasses (probably not an option for you, lol) and am going to try again...
  7. brees6221

44-400 great news

Checking in because my Outlook reminder told me to, lol.
  8. brees6221

44-400 great news

In for the SBF discount, thanks. Any idea on pricing yet?
  9. brees6221

Intentionally Walking Someone in League....Yar or Nay?

This. The only time I've ever intentionally walked a guy was in church league three years ago. We were in last place with maybe 1 win. The other team brings in a ringer we all knew wasn't on the roster. He hits 3 over the fence even though I was throwing him all kinds of junk. He was...
  10. brees6221

Your best comeback

From the opposing catcher Monday night after they made an inning-ending double play: "Yeah baby, we got more DP's than *******!!"
  11. brees6221

ASA going to 2nd base on a walk

Semi-related cool story bro: In high school baseball, my coach told us to run to first base full speed on a walk, EVERY time. He coached third base and if he used our last name at all on our way to first base, that was the signal to round and sprint hard to second base, obviously trying to...
  12. brees6221

Any What would you have done????

I read an article that quoted her superintendent as saying that these were two isolated incidents and that the school system supports her because she's a great girl and this was so out of character for her...are you kidding me?! And enough back and forth, this is clearly the best angle:
  13. brees6221

Completed game and rain out following game

In for the happy ending.
  14. brees6221

Rec League Uniform Requirements

This is the rule as written: UNIFORM RULES: Teams must have shirts/jerseys with a minimum 6” number on the back of the shirt/jersey. Cut-offs and jeans are not allowed. We have experienced problems in April because of cold weather, consequently the wearing of additional clothing (sweatshirts...
  15. brees6221

Turfs-INOV-8 Mudclaw.....?

I've been looking at the Mudclaws too, as a backup when my Mizuno Blasts are done. I just found them yesterday for $70 which is the cheapest I've been able to find so far.
  16. brees6221

When you gotta throw a strike...

If it's down the middle and barely misses because it hits the back of the plate, it's the crappy #10 hitter that needs to stop being a vag and swing the bat. If he's keeping the bat on his shoulder with a 3-2 count, bases loaded and the top of the order behind him, strike his *** out...
  17. brees6221

Pickup player horror stories

We played last week against a team who had to pick up a guy just to get 9 players. Real nice guy but it was obvious he had never played or watched the sport before. I was pitching and his first time at bat he stood right ON TOP of the plate. I tried not to laugh while the umpire and our...
  18. brees6221

2015 Uniforms...Please SHARE

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1395371
  19. brees6221

USSSA Courtesy runner 1st inning, no outs

1st inning, Leadoff and second batters get on base safely. Batter #3 hits a single, advancing the runners to 2nd and 3rd, but pulls a muscle on his way to first base and needs a courtesy runner. Who runs for him? We bat our entire line-up and the two guys at the end of the lineup are...