Search results

1. brees6221

USSSA Non-approved ball

We were playing last week against a team that had quite a few more power hitters than us. During the first game they tried to put a non-approved ball into play to give themselves an advantage. The ump immediately checked the ball, said, "Get that outta here" and rolled it back to their dugout...
  2. brees6221

USSSA Courtesy runner 1st inning, no outs

1st inning, Leadoff and second batters get on base safely. Batter #3 hits a single, advancing the runners to 2nd and 3rd, but pulls a muscle on his way to first base and needs a courtesy runner. Who runs for him? We bat our entire line-up and the two guys at the end of the lineup are...
  3. brees6221

Slight end cap separation on new bat - what would you do?

I just got a new 2013 Blackout today and when I took it out of the box I noticed a small gap between the end cap and barrel, most of the way around - maybe as thick as a credit card. Has anyone else seen something like this before on a new bat? Think it's worth following up on, or is this no...
  4. brees6221

Two bats on a budget

If you have $300, $325 MAX to spend on two team bats in a USSSA league, which two bats do you buy from the softball fans store? I'm trying to get some neighbors together to form a spring team and figure this is about how much I can convince them to spend.
  5. brees6221

31st Annual Anne Arundel Lawmen Classic (MD)

Anybody have additional info on this? With it being less than 3 weeks away I figured there would be more information on the internet, but I can't find anything. If no one can point me to a link with more info than the one below I'll email the contact to find out. My brother-in-law is an AA...
  6. brees6221

Protective gear for fielders

I saw the thread with videos and graphic pictures of softball injuries and protective gear and it got me thinking. What's reasonable? I realize answers will vary greatly but we can't prevent everything. Previous injuries aside, what do you consider to be reasonable protection in the field...
  7. brees6221

Mizuno Wave Ascend 5 shoes

I picked up a pair of these in the clearance section of DSW for $45 and love them. I initially bought them as everyday street shoes but as my 9-spike blasts start to wear out I may begin wearing these on the field. They're listed as trail running shoes but I think the design of the sole would...
  8. brees6221

Bat dream

For some reason, I've had the same very brief dream three times in the past week. I'm opening a box and inside is an orange bat with a white grip. Not sure if I bought it, traded for it or if it was a gift but I'm thrilled and take a few slow motion cuts (I'm somewhere indoors) then I wake up...