Search results

1. S

PCL Injury recovery

I got the Defiance, it is custom fit. The same type you see all the NFL lineman wearing. You can have it setup specifically for ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL in any combination. It's expensive but to me is worth it. It actually didn't help me that much until I got a cortisone shot and had my knee...
  2. S

PCL Injury recovery

I tore my PCL 4 years ago, never had it fixed surgically. I remember them telling me that unless absolutely necessary the surgery isn't as successful as the other ligaments. I think due to where the ligament attaches. I did the PT and ultimately got a DonJoy brace that is set up for PCL...
  3. S

whats the best glove and glove size for Middle Man

13" here. Fulltime 2B'r. Don't get to say that too often.....
  4. S

5% Nutrition supplements?

^^^^^ Exactly.
  5. S

Head-first slide wrist/ hand protection

haha, fact is I'm getting old and will probably hurt myself more trying to slow down standing up than just flopping down.
  6. S

Head-first slide wrist/ hand protection

I may be the minority here, but I always slide headfirst unless breaking up double plays, then it is feet first. I don't wear wrist protection but I do always take off batting gloves and hold in each hand. This makes a fist and while it definitely protects fingers from getting stepped on, I...
  7. S

Favorite seed flavor?

Our selection is pretty limited to David's or planters...David's is the no brainer choice
  8. S

I have to play SS...

Exactly. ^^ The only real difference is reading the pitch/batter, everything else is the same.
  9. S

Favorite seed flavor?

David's BBQ are the goods.
  10. S

Anyone build there own BP pitching screen ?

Hpefully this weekend, it's been pretty wet here. The top rail works awesome. They make couplers for them so each side of the frame is 2 3' pieces held by the coupler. Works great.
  11. S

Anyone build there own BP pitching screen ?

I made one using chainlink fence top rail. It is about 1-1/4" in diameter and comes in 10 foot lengths. I cut 8 3 foot sections, of which 2 sections connect together to make up each side (left, right, top, bottom). For the corners, they make a 90 degree connector that are tightened via nut...
  12. S

Time to retire the old stick?

HAHAHAHA, facepalm myself. I couldn't figure out what the BA was...oh boy.
  13. S

Time to retire the old stick?

Dude gets 15 ABs a game on average??? Damn is that normal?
  14. S

Sunglasses Reccomendation?

I got a pair of Rawlings at Richard's for $16 because I was in a pinch for a tournament....that was 3 years ago and I still wear them. I always had Oakley's, which are great glasses, but if you are on a budget, the Rawlings have worked out great for me. They do scratch easier but when taken...
  15. S

Grip??

Did you guys have to adjust where you stood in the box? I noticed last year when I was trying the overlap that I was getting jammed a lot. Wasn't sure if you guys made a conscious effort to stand towards the outside of the box more.
  16. S

2013 L6.0 Easton

It hits those balls very well. I had probably 600-800 swings with those balls exclusively with only minor webbing. I'm not a masher but hit them out regularly on a 290' field just to give you an idea. I love that bat and you can't beat the price. I am still using the same bat on the new...
  17. S

best supplement?????

Glad you capitalized that last sentence as that is important. Personally never used it. A good metabolism kickstart/hunger supressor is ephedrine (primatene/bronkaid) and caffeine. This is not a substitute for diet and exercise but can destroy the appetite cravings which will help in the long...
  18. S

Remember when?

My first hit with a Steele's Doublewall was very distinct.
  19. S

Team slump buster?

Exactly. Our current team is tuned in when each guy has about a sixer in them.