1 piece Mako

Pretty

Softball is cool
I could have sworn I saw somewhere a picture of a 1 piece Mako Softball bat, now I can't find it anywhere. I checked several groups on FB too.

Did I dream it?

Pretty

Softball is cool
You have to delete the video, competitor of SBF.

Darn Canadia, getting the 1 piece stuff.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
Up here in Canadia......people are getting great results from the 1 piece Mako. Myself included thought maybe a repaint of the Wegman....we were wrong, Chudder and a few others tell me it swings totally different. For 280 canadian shipped....i think that's 225 American....not sure it's a super deal. I am not trying to sell any..so mods if what I have wrote is an issue...just delete my post.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
is mako any better than any of the other composites makeups?

No... It is IMX comp barrel same as the Weg... I do not know if the handle is CNT, Sic Black Carbon or IMX. Guessing it is Sic Black though similar to newer L2s and the Weg.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
No... It is IMX comp barrel same as the Weg... I do not know if the handle is CNT, Sic Black Carbon or IMX. Guessing it is Sic Black though similar to newer L2s and the Weg.

Nowhere on the bat does it say anything other than "IMX". If it had the SIC handle, I'm guessing that Easton would want to advertise that fact. If it has an IMX barrel AND handle, it matches up to a utrip Salvo. Not saying it's identical, I've never swung either one, but dealer exclusives have a habit of being stock models with fancy paint.

I am loving this Fire Orange stick right now!! here are a couple reviews I did.

picked up 2 of these last night. put 85 swings on one of them and 60 on the other. Hitting off a Tee last night and was very impressed. bat has not found the NEXT gear ( so we all call it ) but the sound did change around the 50 hit mark. Hitting HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites & a few God Dots. I was also going to round up a Mako Torq but....... I'm sticking it out with this SFS Easton. from the feel I got last night with these they should be JUST fine.
Easton has really done their homework for bats this year.
Mind you everyone has their preference on what works for them. Some will try bats and move them along that is our craze that we have. But if you find something you like stick with it.

Give this bat a try it might not be what you like but....... it will not disappoint!

both bats brand new out off wrapper both are 26oz
off a Tee last night
@ Millcroft back hard ball diamond
325 lines
340 power alleys
380 center
very slight cross breeze left to right field
15 degrees C
HotDots, Grey Dots, Evil BP lites

I found that my line drives carried further then normal
exit speed was good after the 50-60 swing mark ( sound changed )
I got a few balls to 1 hop the RF power alley ( Grey & Evil balls ) the HotDots were about 15-20ft shorter.
was nice cause not too much roll on the outfield as ground was still soft so the ball stuck when they landed.

get in to your SFS and pick one up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I put another 86 swings on the 85 hit one again yesterday. this bat has 171 hits on it right now and is feeling nice. The other still has 60 on it for now........

Campbellville Hard Ball Park

300 lines
310 RF power alley
365 CF
325 LF power alley

form home plate wind blowing RF to LF
18 degrees C out

They just finished dragging the diamond so I hit from 3rd base dugout to CF. about 325 straight up the gut from where I was hitting. Which is what I was working on shooting middle
same batch of balls. and hitting off the Tee. Sweet spot on these bats I am finding is RIGHT on the E logo. No webbing yet... and I am finding the balance point on the bat just above the thumbprint logo.
Got plenty of balls to carry well and 1 skip the fence and line drives seem to be coming off harder. Again I was working on shooting middle, shut it it is part of the game and I too pitch lol With the Matte finish on the bat ( like most bat companies are doing right now ) you can really cut the ball well. I have NOT felt once yet a single hand sting. I do honestly feel this Exclusive will turn out to be like a OG Extended & OG Flex always getting better with age and wear.
Lots of hype on the Torq line but if you don't want to ante up those Torq prices do not let this bat slip by JUST because it is a Exclusive bat.

just one average guys opinion & bat review
enjoy the sun and weather

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Nowhere on the bat does it say anything other than "IMX". If it had the SIC handle, I'm guessing that Easton would want to advertise that fact. If it has an IMX barrel AND handle, it matches up to a utrip Salvo. Not saying it's identical, I've never swung either one, but dealer exclusives have a habit of being stock models with fancy paint.

It is a sic black carbon handle with imx barrel. Basically a Wegman. It is not just sold in Canada...there is a U.S. retailer that stocks these and they have a much better description on their site.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
It is a sic black carbon handle with imx barrel. Basically a Wegman. It is not just sold in Canada...there is a U.S. retailer that stocks these and they have a much better description on their site.

I saw the site you're speaking of, it looks like the exact same description as the Wegman. Strange thing is, I've held the bat in my hands and it didn't say "SIC black" on it. You'd think Easton would want to advertise it, seeing how the SIC handle is the only difference between the Wegman and the cheaper Salvo (and the L2 and cheaper L5 last year.)

I wonder if Easton neglected to print SIC on the bats, or the American site has the wrong description.

frankthetank

<font color="#6495ED">Blue's Boy</font>
What makes this bat a mako line if it is not using TCT composite like the realtree and torque line?

In the video Helmer states this bat has an extended barrel with a balanced feel but the retailers website is showing this bat as a 12" barrel with endload?

hanseej

Addicted to Softballfans
What makes this bat a mako line if it is not using TCT composite like the realtree and torque line?

In the video Helmer states this bat has an extended barrel with a balanced feel but the retailers website is showing this bat as a 12" barrel with endload?

I was told in a different thread that Mako is basically the new name Easton is using instead of Synergy, Stealth, etc. It doesn't mean anything when it comes to the composite used for the bat.

currently mine is spitting seeds all over the place and I am loving it. Durability of this is great too. as BP sessions are as balls posted above and in one league we use Grey Dots and the other the Hot Dot, so this bat has seen a wide mix of balls and still good to go. This gamer one must have close to 500+ swings now.
good to go in my books.