100w question

Losdoyers13

Picked up a 28oz NR 100w recently haven't hit it but was told it has 200 it's on it... How long do these usually take to get hot? I've tried a 2000 hit and was pissing on the ball

tjhjr56

Addicted to Softballfans
If it ain't flaking paint and webbed all over
It ain't hot! Put 500 to 1000 cuts with hard ball
That should get you started!

Losdoyers13

If it ain't flaking paint and webbed all over
It ain't hot! Put 500 to 1000 cuts with hard ball
That should get you started!
I have some rocks in the bag... My demarinis are fragile as hell, good to know I can hit the crap outta this bat n not have to worry.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Best way to break in any bat is with big yellow cage balls. It breaks in the inner shells and not the outer shell. It will also help with durability. The inner shell is what needs to be broken in to get barrel flex to launch the ball. Not the outter shell. Hitting hard balls really only breaks in the outter shell which is why most bats crack so quickly. Had a 100w that had +/- 3000 swings and still passed compression. About 800 swings were in the cages. Never webbed or paint chipped at all.

Rookie2012

Manager
Best way to break in any bat is with big yellow cage balls. It breaks in the inner shells and not the outer shell. It will also help with durability. The inner shell is what needs to be broken in to get barrel flex to launch the ball. Not the outter shell. Hitting hard balls really only breaks in the outter shell which is why most bats crack so quickly. Had a 100w that had +/- 3000 swings and still passed compression. About 800 swings were in the cages. Never webbed or paint chipped at all.

This goes against everything i ever heard about batting cages, but I'm interested on how many other do this and what they think.

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
This goes against everything i ever heard about batting cages, but I'm interested on how many other do this and what they think.

I learned this in conversations with Denny Crine the couple times I played with him. And his logic is proven. He used one bat for 7 months. A guy who hits that hard and always with ZN's or stadiums and as much as he hits I would say it's pretty proven

Losdoyers13

I put about 150 on the one I picked up from the boards this morning... Felt stiff still but felt better the more I hit, it got some distance if I hit it on the screws but no where near broken in... The endcap started to separate a little... I heard these are known for spinning caps but not separation. I banged it on the ground and kept hitting... Any advice on how to fix this? I'm gonna use this bat strictly for bp until I get it to eat lightning and crap thunder.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog

I have swung in cages often, but don't live around em anymore so haven't really done much lately. But I broke in my ASA Recoil with cage balls and it is still very much alive. Helped speed it up for sure I feel and I noticed the difference after a couple hundred cage swings instead of 1000 bp swings. I don't have the resources for that, or the time. Make sure they are durable bats and don't try to crush the ball, just nice smooth 75% swings. jmo and if you break a bat, don't come crying to me. Just my experience.