12.5 Fastpitch

CHROME DOME

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a 12.5 fastpitch glove for the kid. Kinda partial to Rawlings.
Let me hear your recomendations.

Thanks!!

MaverickAH

The best you can do if you want a Rawlings is a Revo 550. If you want something better, I would steer you in the direction of Vinci or Wilson or maybe even Mizuno.

Answer these:
  • How old is she?
  • How big is she?
  • How dedicated is she?
  • What position(s) does she play?
  • What's your budget?

CHROME DOME

Addicted to Softballfans
The best you can do if you want a Rawlings is a Revo 550. If you want something better, I would steer you in the direction of Vinci or Wilson or maybe even Mizuno.

Answer these:
  • How old is she?
  • How big is she?
  • How dedicated is she?
  • What position(s) does she play?
  • What's your budget?

Shes' 11
5'4" about 105
Very, luvs the game and works hard at it
Outfield
$ not a big issue.

Thanks

MaverickAH

Okay.......

At that age, she's at the point of decent glove vs. really good glove. She's not finished growing so that may be an issue as well. You will probably want something that's not a bear to break in either. There are other things to consider such as longevity but i don't think that you should worry about getting a glove that'll last her through high school just yet.

I would put these 12.5's on my short list:

Vinci RCV1250-22
Wilson A1500 Yak FP125
Wilson A2000 V125
Worth Liberty Advanced LA125BB Custom

I threw the Worth in there if you want a customizable option & it's still a good glove. I know how much some girls can get hung up on looks. Almost as much as a lot of the guys on this board! :p

mikgars

Manager

I picked up a REVO 550 for my niece for Christmas. When I found out she has a POS Worth with busted laces I knew I had to get her something new and was pretty impressed with the REVO. It is a 12.5 with a dual hinge basket web and open back. The pocket on this thing is monster big for a glove this size, that is a 12" ball in the pic. Definitely not the stiffest glove, should be game ready in no time, a couple rounds of catch should do the trick. It is plush inside the finger stall are comfy and it is well cushioned and easy to close.
However, if she is as dedicated as you indicate you might be better off going with smarkleys choice as I am sure that glove will last her many many years. If I had wanted to spend that kind of money a Vinci would have been my first choice.
Good Luck