12U ASA Fast Pitch Bats

chunkers00

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone have any information on girls 12U asa fast pitch bats? My boss is looking for a new bat for his girls. He is looking at 30/19 or 31/19. Thanks in advance.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
Any fastpitch bat is going to be all association, so it's not like slow pitch where there's just ASA only or Utrip or anything. Also, I have a 2017 30/20 Rawlings Quatro I have up for sale

golfclubgreg

That actually is not true, The new Easton ghost is only ASA approved as well as HS but not Usssa or college. It needs to have the ASA stamp on it if you want to make sure. Costs $$$ to have them stamped. I think Monsta is the same way

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I don't pay much attention to Easton FP, so that's news to me, but golfglubgreg is right. At that age, 12U, which my DD plays, you're better off making sure it's an all association bat because some tourney's are USSSA, some are NSA, ASA, etc. Unless she isn't playing travel and all she's playing is ASA, then getting an ASA only bat makes sense.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I see a lot of girls swinging the LS Xeno's and DeMarini's. My DD had to be like me and be different than everyone else and get the Quatro which is a great bat, has nice pop and sounds great. Unfortunately it just ended up being too light for her, so I'm selling it to move her up to the 31/21 Quatro. It ultimately comes down to how much the parents want to spend and what his DD likes. My DD tried the DeMarinis and the Xeno and didn't like the sound of the DeMarinis and didn't like the feel of the Xeno, so she chose the Quatro.