13" Glove Showdown - Easton, Rawlings, Wilson

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
So I got the new Easton small batch #6 and I did a small photo shoot with some other 13" (and 12.75") gloves
H8Hhpt7.jpg

left to right: Rawlings PRO1000-SBF, Rawlings PRO3030-6, Easton PRO-8, Easton 939 (small batch 6), Wilson HR13 (with web swap), and Easton PPK82BTC just for fun. the HR13 and PPK are both 12.75"
as Rous has already stated, the web on the new Easton is noticeably wider (5") than either of the Rawlings and stock web for the Wilson (4.5"). the PRO-8 is the same 4.5" web. when i first purchased the PRO-8, i was disappointed to find that i didn't like the pattern which i found to be more of an Asian pattern with a small palm and long, straight fingers. it never really fit my hand. i am really happy that the small batch is a more American pattern, similar to the Rawlings i have. it is the stiffest glove i own, even moreso than the custom OT 1781 that we got a few months ago. it's almost painful on the hand due to being so stiff and snug. gonna take some time breaking her in. all in all, yes this is just a brag post but let me know if anyone would like any more comparisons or pics. i feel pics tell the story better than my words so let me know what's needed.
v6F08K8.jpg

48aUWNS.jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
The SBF pro1000 looks wider but shorter than the small batch, and the small batch looks to have a smaller handstall.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow the batch of Jtan they used on those sbf 3030's with the blue lace and patches is beautiful.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
the HR13 plays really nice. like an oversized infield glove. i prefer my gloves to be wide rather than long. i got the web from glovesmith and used it on one of the Spalding Pros for about 2 years until the finger stalls started coming apart in that glove, then switched it to the A2000. i really like it for pitching as the ball can't help but stick in the monstrous pocket it forms. the PRO1000 is by far the most broken in out of the bunch. the 303 has started some couch catch but not a heck of a lot. if someone was really interested, i did get 2 of the 303s lol.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Glad to see Easton step up and make some nice looking gloves, build looks nice and the wider web is also a plus.Someone buy the trap when it comes out and trade it to me, LOL