'13 L1 vs '14 L1

Gauge

Banned User
I currently have a 27oz '13 L1 (black/green) and have had 2 of them. Both are literally beyond stupid and both had close to 1K cuts. I've swung a couple '14 L1's (red) and they seemed nice but not sure if they will get as hot as my '13's. Or have I just not swung a broken in '14? Are they the same and it's just in my head or do some think the '13 is a hotter bat?

eabecker

Bat Huer
I haven't hit a '14 L1 into the 1000's of hits yet, but my experiences with both out of the wrapper was that they are the exact same bat ('13 L1 = '14 L1). Both are stiff and have a small sweet spot first few hundred hits, but gradually open up with more BP.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
2013 L1 is insane after you put the cuts on it, I prefer it over the 100H especially since you can get 2 for the price of 1. I never put that many swings on the 2014 L1. Same thing happens with these Eastons every year, about a year or so after they come out people finally get enough swings on them and everyone says theyre unbelievable.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
The barrel on the 14 is softer and the distance is t near the 13....i have multiples of each with around the same swings.... 20 on a couple and 800ish on a couple and the 13 outfits the 14 in every situation. The 13 was stiffer at first but after about 500 swings go took over....the sweet spot seems to be be bigger on the 13 and also feels to have a bit more Endload in the 28......neither hold a candle to me 100h or 100....... For the money the 13 L1 is the best choice...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
the exact same bat ('13 L1 = '14 L1).

Nope. Only in specs. The barrel on the 14 is alot softer.

I felt like my '14 got hotter quicker than my '13 did

I think alot of people felt this way cause of the barrel softness. They've equated that with "broken in." I still think the judgement shouldn't be made on this stick until 800 cuts. Cause mine is gross right now.

Same thing happens with these Eastons every year, about a year or so after they come out people finally get enough swings on them and everyone says theyre unbelievable.

This is the truth ladies and gentlemen.

The barrel on the 14 is softer and the distance is t near the 13. The 13 was stiffer at first but after about 500 swings go took over....the sweet spot seems to be be bigger on the 13 and also feels to have a bit more Endload in the 28......neither hold a candle to me 100h or 100....... For the money the 13 L1 is the best choice...

I agree with this.

ck1

The Madness
I don't understand Easton sometimes. They seem to have a track record of not leaving well enough alone.

The 2012 Eastons are still arguably the best of the new utrip stamped bats. It's hard for me to put down my ST100s and I have plenty of teammates that still love their ST100Hs and SY100Ws. These bats all got hot reasonably fast (<200 cuts in most case) and last a few thousand cuts. They would compare favorably to any model released today.

The '13 L series and B series were solid bats but took considerably longer to break in, didn't get as hot and didn't feel as good IMHO. The '14 models took a step backward again as they seemed to take even longer to break in but I think the jury is still out on what their true performance is.

The same thing happened a few years ago. The CNT+, Flex and Extended were game changers and were probably the most popular bats out. The closest competition was a Miken Freak+ or a Freak and even then I'd argue for the Eastons. The following year Easton comes out w/a new version of the Flex and re-launch the Stealth line with the SCN4. The CNT+ and the SCN4 were the two hottest non ultra bats I've ever owned. After one more year they stop making the CNT+ and Flex, and start producing stiff, non performing stealths and 1 piece bats. The SCN6, 9, 12 were all very disappointing with only a few folks saying "Gee, just wait until you get 1500 cuts on it, they get fun". Never happened for me. It wasn't until the SCN15 line that you got Eastons that actually somewhat performed in under 500 cuts.

Why does Easton continue to trip all over themselves? Why must they try to fix what isn't broke? Do they really need to reduce the cost of warranty returns to zero at the risk of selling less units and losing market share to manufacturers whose products perform better faster?

Gauge

Banned User
I agree the '14 has a softer barrel and softer feel. My I need to bp the **** out of one this winter and see if it gets stupid like my '13's. The sound on my 13's is insane and comes screaming off the barrel, I felt the og 100h was super hot also but the feel was a lot softer, similar to the '14 L1

IDP

Part Time Player
slightly off topic...but does the L3.0 have the same endload and feel to the L1.0 (2013 or 2014 versions) and do they get as hot?

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't understand Easton sometimes. They seem to have a track record of not leaving well enough alone.

The 2012 Eastons are still arguably the best of the new utrip stamped bats. It's hard for me to put down my ST100s and I have plenty of teammates that still love their ST100Hs and SY100Ws. These bats all got hot reasonably fast (<200 cuts in most case) and last a few thousand cuts. They would compare favorably to any model released today.

The '13 L series and B series were solid bats but took considerably longer to break in, didn't get as hot and didn't feel as good IMHO. The '14 models took a step backward again as they seemed to take even longer to break in but I think the jury is still out on what their true performance is.

The same thing happened a few years ago. The CNT+, Flex and Extended were game changers and were probably the most popular bats out. The closest competition was a Miken Freak+ or a Freak and even then I'd argue for the Eastons. The following year Easton comes out w/a new version of the Flex and re-launch the Stealth line with the SCN4. The CNT+ and the SCN4 were the two hottest non ultra bats I've ever owned. After one more year they stop making the CNT+ and Flex, and start producing stiff, non performing stealths and 1 piece bats. The SCN6, 9, 12 were all very disappointing with only a few folks saying "Gee, just wait until you get 1500 cuts on it, they get fun". Never happened for me. It wasn't until the SCN15 line that you got Eastons that actually somewhat performed in under 500 cuts.

Why does Easton continue to trip all over themselves? Why must they try to fix what isn't broke? Do they really need to reduce the cost of warranty returns to zero at the risk of selling less units and losing market share to manufacturers whose products perform better faster?

maybe one year they actually make bats that are too hot but utrip lets them get away with it; the next year they're told to tone them down. just a thought?

eabecker

Bat Huer
Nope. Only in specs. The barrel on the 14 is alot softer.

You might be right, but this was just my experience with the couple 14's I hit this year. Granted none of these bats was past 500hits so not exactly apples to apples.

FWIW, the barrel on a 2000 hit 13 is pretty dang soft.

Aztec3

Addicted to Softballfans
Does any one have a '14 L1-L2 (red barrel) that got stupid hot. Seems like the '14s don't reach that last gear. I have a L1 with 150 hits on it and a L2 with 800-900 swings and the distance is about the same.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Does any one have a '14 L1-L2 (red barrel) that got stupid hot. Seems like the '14s don't reach that last gear. I have a L1 with 150 hits on it and a L2 with 800-900 swings and the distance is about the same.

My '14 L1 is retarded right now. Has over 1500 hits and is webbed all over. It took a while to get hot but it is good.

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans

need to but another 200-250 swings on that '14 L1

Taylor61

First post on this forum, but my 13 L1 took close to 1000 swings to really open up. I noticed my 14 L1 was around 300 or so to open up and got better and better, and has well over 2000 now and is a fire stick. However my 13 L1 has a stupid amount of hits and is also very good. Both are going strong and no signs of slowing down.