17 wegman flex ASA

dunkky

not that many reviews on this. what's your experience like?

today, i bped 30oz wegman. boy, really liked the endload and short barrel feel. i can tell 30oz bringing more power when hit it hard. it's about 15ft behind my xxl, but considering it hasn't been broken in, I gotta say it was quite impressive. i don't know how many more hits it requires to break in, but i think it will be very rewarding afterward. kinda feel like i am swinging a log at this point, but not as bad as i thought.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I have a 30oz utrip Wegman Flex, but I think you're talking about the ASA version if it's the one you mentioned in another thread. ASA version is the stiffest bat Easton made last year and will take some work. My utrip has maybe 300 hits, no webbing yet, and it feels like a freight train when you catch one on the screws. Miss towards the end, the weight will still give you some carry on the ball. Miss towards the taper and you'll be checking to see if your fingernails fell off.

dunkky

Yeah asa it is. Even though i feel like i can handle 30oz, ill for sure go up from 27 to 28 next time, preferably short barrel endload.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
not that many reviews on this. what's your experience like?

today, i bped 30oz wegman. boy, really liked the endload and short barrel feel. i can tell 30oz bringing more power when hit it hard. it's about 15ft behind my xxl, but considering it hasn't been broken in, I gotta say it was quite impressive. i don't know how many more hits it requires to break in, but i think it will be very rewarding afterward. kinda feel like i am swinging a log at this point, but not as bad as i thought.

Swung the used 27 I just got in bp today and it was as good as anything else out there just feels like a 28 would be perfect for me

mxracer458

Bought it used off the boards for $85

It is a NR
nice pick up! im playing asa now so I've been looking at the legman,helmer,baker (which is hard to find) or possibly the ronin. i can't get the ronin for 70 bucks new. id rather just stick to a strictly asa bat

dunkky

i think this bat is very much underrated. i don't know. don't see that many reviews on it.

I am with you Bird. I think once broken in, this guy will hang with any bat out there. it doesn't swing like cheap bat is how I feel about it. I felt that way when i swung 16 helmmer. if it was 27oz instead of 30s, it could have been a good comparison with xxl. there's no doubt my next bat will be, should be 28oz. but, those are hard to find nowadays...

bird25

34/30 Club #25
i think this bat is very much underrated. i don't know. don't see that many reviews on it.

I am with you Bird. I think once broken in, this guy will hang with any bat out there. it doesn't swing like cheap bat is how I feel about it. I felt that way when i swung 16 helmmer. if it was 27oz instead of 30s, it could have been a good comparison with xxl. there's no doubt my next bat will be, should be 28oz. but, those are hard to find nowadays...

Same here I’m sure I’ll end up picking up a 28 over the winter

Hiltz

Built for comfort

This has been typical for Easton for years. New line comes out, they aren't super hot out of the wrapper, they feel stiff, people give up on them, there's no buzz around them and they go on clearance...

...a year later people are scrambling to find them because they found out how good they get after they're broken in.

mxracer458

This has been typical for Easton for years. New line comes out, they aren't super hot out of the wrapper, they feel stiff, people give up on them, there's no buzz around them and they go on clearance...

...a year later people are scrambling to find them because they found out how good they get after they're broken in.
i love my 17 baker u-trip bat. has a nice sound when your square it up. Thats why id like to stick with easton so when iii go back from asa and utrip i won't struggle as much

dunkky

yeah.. i see all the hypes with 18 line bats, but i think 17 line bats are pretty awesome with better durability. I just picked up dc41 17 in trade. would've been great if it was 28. man that bat is insane. I love full oz sledgehammer. xxl and dc41 are the same bats, but for whatever reason, i like dc41 a little better. i'll pick those two over 18 ghost, harvey or any .5 oz new lines any day.

53ksm

Manager
I was inspired to try out a 30oz Wegman ASA. I was a little nervous about the end load. It came in the mail today and I was surprised at the lack of end load. Did a quick table balance check and I can get the end of the Wegman (30.7 with grip and cuff) almost an inch and a half further off the table than I can my 28oz 2015 SIS team edition ASA (28.8 with grip and cuff). The Wegman swings very smooth through the zone. I'm looking forward to getting some swings on it.

dunkky

have fun bro. it wasn't overwhelming for me either. be patient. performance will be there. bp some hard balls to speed up the breakin process. it is my understanding that it may need around 300 hits.