1st base glove

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, if you spend a good portion of your time at 1B, get a 1B glove.

Best? The one you're most comfortable with, I'd start with the Rawlings PRODCT pattern and go from there. Pretty much any of the mid-high end trappers are really good.

wcoastsoftball

Best? The one you're most comfortable with, I'd start with the Rawlings PRODCT pattern and go from there. Pretty much any of the mid-high end trappers are really good.
I agree here. I spend most time at 1st, and though I prefer the Vinci for fielders glove, the DCT feels better to me than the Vinci 1st base model.

Absolutely worth it if that's going to be your primary position. I customed one from one of the Mexican glove makers and am happy with it.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

What this guy said. I have a PRODCT for sale BTW...

wcoastsoftball

The Vinci is a very nice glove, but the DCT is so much better once broken in. I have owned about 4 JBV-SB's and would be hard pressed to move back to them.

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
I've used a dct and a vinci. But the best pocket for scooping is just a Vinci 13.5 normal glove. I find the pocket isn't ever great for softballs with 1b cut mitts