ASA 1st time ump

so last night in our game we had a 1st time ump that wouldn't talk to either teams. Didn't know what a illegal pitch or when the pitcher asked him where the pitch landed all he would say is the count. He wouldn't call a ball or strike out loud. Just hold up his hands.

The situation last night was this. We have a 55 min time limit and was up 1 going into bt 5. We are up to bat and he says 2min 30 sec left on the clock. We bat 5 people and score a run. Not sure how the time limit wasn't up. We ask him before I got up and he said I forgot to start the clock at the beginning of the inn. I come up and hit a ball up the middle and beat out the throw to 1st. As I'm walking back to the bag and still in the outfield grass. the pitcher pitches it and the ump calls me out for not being on the bag. I tried to tell him he can't let the pitcher pitch it until I get back to the bag. He goes oh well that's the 3rd out. new inning. I tell the supervisor we are playing in Protest and he tells me nothing he can do cause he was on the other field and didn't see it.

The head of park and rec said to email her on Monday and she will talk to the UMP and make sure it doesn't happen again. We got stuck with this guy Because we had 7 umps and McQuades.

Joker

yea the 2 we had were terrible but just complaining about umps still doesn't belong in this section

spos21ram

The Legend
Sounds like your protest wasn't official so I don't think you can go that route. Also, I think him calling you out for not being on the bag falls under a judgement call. According to the ump, time was in and you were off the base at the time of the pitch.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
so last night in our game we had a 1st time ump that wouldn't talk to either teams. Didn't know what a illegal pitch or when the pitcher asked him where the pitch landed all he would say is the count. He wouldn't call a ball or strike out loud. Just hold up his hands.

Yeah what's your point?

The situation last night was this. We have a 55 min time limit and was up 1 going into bt 5. We are up to bat and he says 2min 30 sec left on the clock. We bat 5 people and score a run. Not sure how the time limit wasn't up. We ask him before I got up and he said I forgot to start the clock at the beginning of the inn. I come up and hit a ball up the middle and beat out the throw to 1st. As I'm walking back to the bag and still in the outfield grass. the pitcher pitches it and the ump calls me out for not being on the bag. I tried to tell him he can't let the pitcher pitch it until I get back to the bag. He goes oh well that's the 3rd out. new inning. I tell the supervisor we are playing in Protest and he tells me nothing he can do cause he was on the other field and didn't see it.

The head of park and rec said to email her on Monday and she will talk to the UMP and make sure it doesn't happen again. We got stuck with this guy Because we had 7 umps and McQuades.

Still don't see a question,.

You are correct, the pitcher should not be allowed to pitch until all are set and ready to play. However, overrunning the base doesn't mean you have all day to return. All rule sets insist the runner return immediately. Maybe your idea of immediate and his were two different things. Or maybe he thought you were trying to delay the game. BTW, what was YOUR teammate doing in the batter's box if your team wasn't ready to play?

There seems to be a lot more going on her other than you getting stuck with an umpire, but did you consider the point that the umpire thought he got STUCK with you?

;)

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
Yeah what's your point?

Still don't see a question,.

You are correct, the pitcher should not be allowed to pitch until all are set and ready to play. However, overrunning the base doesn't mean you have all day to return. All rule sets insist the runner return immediately. Maybe your idea of immediate and his were two different things. Or maybe he thought you were trying to delay the game. BTW, what was YOUR teammate doing in the batter's box if your team wasn't ready to play?

There seems to be a lot more going on her other than you getting stuck with an umpire, but did you consider the point that the umpire thought he got STUCK with you?

;)

I know EAJuggalo would NEEEEVVVEERRR think that about me :thumb:

trip

stfu
be thankful you have people who are willing to ump. we've had to move or postpone games because we can't find umps

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans

dafuq where it lands have to do anything?

Sounds like the LD gave you the answer to your protest. Also, can't protest a judgment call