2 In the Park HRs same game

flyout

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, this is a brag post. But turning 45 next month, I'm permitted - mainly because I didn't think I still had enough speed to get around the bases that fast.My first one came off a pissle that gapped reight center and was at the fence before the OFs could turn their heads. Second one, was an inch off first base line and RF was playing more toward cetner and couldn't get to it.

Just wondering if anybody else had experienced this.

Full Disclosure: they were playin 5 man for the first one, and I was completely gassed after the second one! My knees are still hurtin a day later.

thaynes

I've had three in one game and back to back at bats that game. I'm also only 25 now and was 23 then lol. Right field is your friend

we have a guy on our team who is 53 and hits it out almost every single at bat. hes our fulltime cleanup man. 50+ and hitting 350ft bombs and im 25 hitting 1 out of 5 out!

eHall

Base burglar
A ball in the gap against a decent team should never be more than a double without throwing errors or risky baserunning. Unless this was a 350 foot plus field.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Im not very fast, but I hit a few in the park hr's a year, mostly on a cut spinning backside shot that just stays in play and rolls almost to the fence.

matte22

Addicted to Softballfans
went 3 for 3 last sunday 2 inside the park homers back to back and a triple.and got moved from 3 hole to 7:confused:dont care jis tryin to figure out logic:D

flyout

Addicted to Softballfans
No throwing errors at all. Like I said, they were playing a 5 man and wide gaps out there on a 300 ft. field. I agrre though, I thought a 2b for sure and perhaps a 3b, but HR???

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Story seems fishy.

Our leadoff had 2 in the same game Saturday, but they were on errors .

oppo

Coach
I have hit 3 back to back to back before. The field was deep in right and all were line drives just inside the line.

wink

Winkleton
I've had 2 in one game several times. But that was when I could go oppo. Can't hit oppo for **** anymore. But most recently about last oct. I did have 2 back to back at bats with four outfielders. Burned right both times. Idiot didn't learn the first time.

thaynes

A ball in the gap against a decent team should never be more than a double without throwing errors or risky baserunning. Unless this was a 350 foot plus field.

You must be around a ton of fat people then. If you know how to run the bases and your even somewhat fast you can get more than a double. I hit a low line drive through the gap to rc and got a stand up triple against a team that wins a lot of tournaments. Your statement is a I'm just gonna throw something out there to sound smart idiotic tom foolery statement

AmazingBats

D Nation
I have hit 2 in one game before. First one the RF was playing me shallow in right because my first at bat I dropped a short bloop in to RF. So he scooted up and then I blasted it over his head and went off to the races for the first one. The next at bat he played me back but played me toward center more and i hit a ball that sliced toward the line and hit fair and rolled to the back right corner so that was the second one. I also was only 19 at the time. I am 22 now! Lol it is alot easier for us young speedy leadoff hitters

jsiders6

Addicted to Softballfans
Im sure there were errors that got the infield HR.....that or you guys were playing a church team!

knuckleballz

Addicted to Softballfans
congrats flyout

Way to represent for us 40+ guys that get dropped from upper league teams when they find out how old we are when you have to put down your birthdate for state tournaments. I to will b 45 next month and still get in the parkers on line drives that gap out fielders and hit the fence. I actually got 3 in one game in my late 30s. I generally hold it at third now days unless they make an error throwing it in. Got 2nd place in a local tourney this weekend with some guys that didn't know me and got asked if I was 29 or 30 years old........I just don't tell guys my age anymore, just let them judge me for my playing ability

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
did they move your bases back yet? ours got pushed back to 70'. not hating, just saying my days are done.

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
Congrats, I've accomplished that one time, 2 in the parkers, and 1 triple in the same game. It could have been a third in the parker, but I stopped at third because I was out of breath.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
we have a guy on our team who is 53 and hits it out almost every single at bat. hes our fulltime cleanup man. 50+ and hitting 350ft bombs and im 25 hitting 1 out of 5 out!

Cool story bra. What does that have to do with an old man getting two in the parkers? Does he full sprint his home run trot?

thaynes

Im sure there were errors that got the infield HR.....that or you guys were playing a church team!

I dont understand why people assume church teams are weak? How many major league athletesgo to church. Just cuz we go to church doesn't mean we can't be athletes

dgambill85

Banned User
I consider any action from my wife that requires foreplay the equivalent of an inside the park homerun. With that said, nice to see the old timers putting work in.