201* Rez Tour

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Played in a tourney this past weekend in Aberdeen, SD. Saturday was pool play/round robin, basically for money and to get 3 of the 4 game guarantee, and Sunday was the single elimination tourney. Well, we laid a goose egg for Saturday, didn't really hit well and had a lot of errors. Sunday we came out strong though, 10-runned the first team, and then in the second game got by a team 17-13 that had beat us pretty badly on Saturday (22-3 or something terrible). Third game we got beat by one of the upper teams in the Aberdeen/Watertown area 22-7, but we battled them until the 6th. Thought we were done, but we had to play one more for the 3rd-4th place. We played loose and got up on them 14-4 going into the bottom of the 7th, but then errors and just good hitting on their part, and we fell apart, ended up losing 15-14. They were also one of the upper teams in the Aberdeen area.

We played in this tourney for several years, and never won more than one game on Saturday, and none on Sunday. Yea it sucked to lose that last one, but now we know we have a squad that can compete with some top teams. Taking 4th in that tourney, out of 20 teams, was pretty good for us.

I had about 1 HR per game using the Insane 'Merica Edition, and a couple of guys were hitting really well with the Juggy OG. I left the metallic Insane and Juggy OVL in the bag - they will be backups until these other 2 bats die.

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Had league games last night, and I think that tourney showing really changed the team attitude. Played a couple of the better teams, and managed to hang tough and beat both. First game, bats were cold, and game was tied 3-3 going into 7th. We managed to get a few runners on, and I hit a deep sac fly to bring in the winning run. Held them in the bottom to get the win 4-3.

second game, we were hitting a little better, and I was pitching, so held them scoreless through first couple of innings. we managed to get up on them at one point 10-4, but then they got on a run and tied it up 10-10 going into the 7th. We put together a great last at-bat and got up 16-10, and then I got them to go 1-2-3 to end the game. They complained a lot about me not pitching over 6', so I made sure that I was hitting at least 7' on every one of those last pitches, and I threw them back-handed with the back spin, so they had to try to uppercut them to get any lift. 2 pop flies to short, and one to 3rd.

Hit with the Insane 'Merica, and was just a little off the first game, hitting either high popups to the fence or grounders. second game was all hard line drives right over 3rd and short.

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
:D you must have watched me pitch before, enit?
Yea. At first, I was rushing it, so it would seem like a regular pitch with a fast arm motion. But once I slowed it down to turtle pace, like you, I was pretty accurate and got really good backspin. Pitching left-handed, and being able to hit the inside corner with good backspin, really messed them up.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
:D posting this for GQ to check out

vaDY6da.jpg

e2BOKJO.jpg

om7uF6L.jpg

R7Jmpq3.jpg

dHRrl4h.jpg

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Played in a men's tourney on Saturday..........only 5 teams, but 3 game guarantee....we lost the first game 9-6 or something, then lost 2nd 13-3.....won 3rd game 4-3, then got blown out in 4th game 26-10 or something ridiculous, managing to make it to 6 innings before the beatdown.....this wasn't my regular team, just a team that picked me up for the tourney.....just could not string any hits together - would get one or two on, the 3 outs in a row.....went like that all day........played on a baseball field, so 305 to the corners, and 345 to center......had 1 good hit to center, and if the field had been 310, even 320, it would've been gone, but burned the centerfielder for a double anyway.....most of the hits were hard grounders, so I was getting on, but not getting anything after that......was a good way to spend a Saturday.....

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Played in a men's tourney on Saturday..........only 5 teams, but 3 game guarantee....we lost the first game 9-6 or something, then lost 2nd 13-3.....won 3rd game 4-3, then got blown out in 4th game 26-10 or something ridiculous, managing to make it to 6 innings before the beatdown.....this wasn't my regular team, just a team that picked me up for the tourney.....just could not string any hits together - would get one or two on, the 3 outs in a row.....went like that all day........played on a baseball field, so 305 to the corners, and 345 to center......had 1 good hit to center, and if the field had been 310, even 320, it would've been gone, but burned the centerfielder for a double anyway.....most of the hits were hard grounders, so I was getting on, but not getting anything after that......was a good way to spend a Saturday.....

:eek: so bunting wasn't an option on this baseball field?

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
I forgot to mention, a couple weeks ago in league, this young guy was swinging an EVO, and it snapped off at the handle.....he said he felt a pop the previous at-bat, then another guy hit with it but must've hit the opposite side of the crack.....the crack was under the grip, so couldn't see it anyway.........he got up and hit with it, and the barrel came flying at me in the on deck circle - I thought he threw the bat, but then I looked and saw the handle laying in the batter's box.....that was a 30oz, and he was the only one that swung it.....kid has been struggling to find a bat he likes since then.....