Men’s “E” – Kankakee, IL - September 16-18
Women’s – Lexington, KY – September 9-11
Coed - O’Fallen, IL – September 24-25
Coed – Indianapolis, IN – October TBA
35 & Over – Indianapolis, IN – TBA
Industrial – Indianapolis, IN – September 24-25
Church – Muncie, IN - TBA
Open – TBA - TBA

Super Regional and Super World NIT’s will be posted end of the week November 8th

<u><b>RULES</b></u>
Page 15 Section 3
Add – Failure to allow inspection or allowing to be sent in the bat or ball will result in forfeit of the remaining games in the tournament for the offending team.

NEW Courtesy Runner rule: The Courtesy runner can be any player on the team roster. If the courtesy runner comes to bat while on base it will be an out. Only one courtesy runner per inning.

Hit n sit in all classes

<u><b>BY-LAWS</b></u>
Page 167 Section 3 c. – Add – MEN’S TOURNAMENT ROSTER

Page 168 Section 4 c. – Each State will establish travel money from State Tournament towards the Super Worlds with Zone VP Approval

Page 158 Section 6 – Players are LIMITED to dropping no more than one classification per calendar year and must be approved by the state director and/or Zone VP for proper team classification.

Page 166 article XVIII Section 1 – ADD – at completion of the last state tournament posted results in class.

Add to Move up chart – ALL class “E” players on a Mandatory Move up roster will be required to move to class “D” or higher and will not be able to remain in class “E”.

World Series with 12 or fewer teams that are awarded Super World Berth’s can be passed down until accepted but to no 0-2 record teams.

States that run multiple state tournaments will be permitted to award Super World Berths with their Zone VP approval. North/South/Super or East/West/Super.

eHall

Base burglar
About f'n time they tweaked the courtesy runner rule. They should do away with it IMO, if you can waddle to first base then you can waddle to second base and so on. But it causes more confusion than any other rule.

Good changes.

I like the bat inspection rule. I'm guessing that the cheaters won't want the team's tournament to end immediately so they might think twice about using the bat. Unless they're all using it....

Courtesy runner rule - I guess it's a good move. I hate the courtesy runner rule in general, but I guess if you're going to have one this is a good way of handling it.

"Hit and Sit" - That's how it should be.

I like the mandatory move up for the "E" class (but think it should be for "D" as well) to correspond with the team.

Is that all for the rule mods? How about bat rules or ball specs?

**I just read that the courtesy runner can be any player on the roster. The new runner does not have to be in the game, just present. This is very interesting.

Last edited:

joeball5

Addicted to Softballfans
All the worlds

Can anyone post where all the Worlds will be, in all the zones? Well, specifically I'm looking for the Southern zone Worlds. Thanks

SouthernOhioNSA

Addicted to Softballfans
Before this inspection penalty, all a player had to do was refuse and be ejected from the tournament and face suspension. There was never a team penalty. Now he has two choices like before: hand it over and let it be inspected or refuse and take the instant suspension and also walk out with his buddies to the parking lot as they are done for the weekend.

Courtesy runner rule was one that needed cleaned up. Too much verbiage for something meant to be very simple and player-friendly to use.

Hit and sit - Every time I had a post season event in class D, players would hit one out and start to the dug out anyway because this has become the norm when the homers count.

Bat rules and ball specs didn't change any other than the tougher bat inspection policy.

Good changes.

I like the bat inspection rule. I'm guessing that the cheaters won't want the team's tournament to end immediately so they might think twice about using the bat. Unless they're all using it....

Courtesy runner rule - I guess it's a good move. I hate the courtesy runner rule in general, but I guess if you're going to have one this is a good way of handling it.

"Hit and Sit" - That's how it should be.

I like the mandatory move up for the "E" class (but think it should be for "D" as well) to correspond with the team.

Is that all for the rule mods? How about bat rules or ball specs?

**I just read that the courtesy runner can be any player on the roster. The new runner does not have to be in the game, just present. This is very interesting.

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
Before this inspection penalty, all a player had to do was refuse and be ejected from the tournament and face suspension. There was never a team penalty. Now he has two choices like before: hand it over and let it be inspected or refuse and take the instant suspension and also walk out with his buddies to the parking lot as they are done for the weekend.

Courtesy runner rule was one that needed cleaned up. Too much verbiage for something meant to be very simple and player-friendly to use.

Hit and sit - Every time I had a post season event in class D, players would hit one out and start to the dug out anyway because this has become the norm when the homers count.

Bat rules and ball specs didn't change any other than the tougher bat inspection policy.

when does the bump lists come up???

I know the rule. When it only affects the player, it's a lot easier to try. Heck, until 2010 getting an ump to even ask about a bat was tough enough. We had umps tell us at a World Series that they had the same observation of a shaved bat in use but just said "that's the game these days".

I'd like to see specific tournament only stickers and bat testers on site but I realize that's a lot of expense and training to the operators.

adam3242

Addicted to Softballfans
doesn't work though know of many bats getting through at asa state where the easton tester was used.

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
Anybody know where to find the bump list??

I looked on playnsa.com but could not find it. I f I do I will post the link or can you do that same if you already know where its at

Firejunkie

Combat Advisory Staff
ok...so correct me if Im wrong, but it says a courtesy runner can be anyone on the teams roster....does this mean a bench player thats on the roster but not in game can play? Im sure we will find out soon enough but im curious

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
ok...so correct me if Im wrong, but it says a courtesy runner can be anyone on the teams roster....does this mean a bench player thats on the roster but not in game can play? Im sure we will find out soon enough but im curious

Yeah, anyone on the roster. If they are on the bench, think of them as the ISA Base Burglar or the ASA Scat Cat.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League

We have been doing that in Senior Leagues/Tournaments for a long time. I know of one local team that bring designate runners to tournaments. Their only job is to run for slow guys like myself when we get on. But that runner can only run once per inning.

JP6

PiehouseSix.com is here.
Anybody know where to find the bump list??

I looked on playnsa.com but could not find it. I f I do I will post the link or can you do that same if you already know where its at

I don't believe it's up yet... I talked to our state director on Friday... he hasn't rec'd anything yet.

JP6

PiehouseSix.com is here.
Yeah, anyone on the roster. If they are on the bench, think of them as the ISA Base Burglar or the ASA Scat Cat.

This would be nice... is it confirmed? A burglar for NSA would be a sweet change...

SouthernOhioNSA

Addicted to Softballfans
It is not a "burglar", it is anyone on the roster. Unless the men-in-green rule has changed, a burglar was declared prior to the start of the game on the line up card and was strictly a designated runner and not officially in the batting line up. The burglar is eligible to run multiple times per half-inning for the same batter that they ran for the first time. NSA allows the courtesy runner to be one time per inning.

If you bring 14 guys and have 3 on the bench, any of those 14 can be the courtesy runner. You can have a courtesy runner once per inning. The kicker is that if you use someone in the lineup and their spot comes up while there on base, they are out. As the rule was written before, you would skip the spot and go to the next batter. Not anymore. This also eliminates the first inning confusion.