2011 AL Champion Texas Rangers

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
Is it too early for magic numbers?

Rangers.png

Fudbelty

If the Rangers go .500 the rest of the season the Angels must go 26-12 just to force a one game playoff.

Fudbelty

Feliz is starting to scare me.

I think he actually did damn good last night. He gave up a single and the runner moved on two ground balls. Nothing really hard hit. Then the final out was a lazy fly. It's not like he got ripped for a triple or anything.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
I think he actually did damn good last night. He gave up a single and the runner moved on two ground balls. Nothing really hard hit. Then the final out was a lazy fly. It's not like he got ripped for a triple or anything.

Not one game in particular. Fastball isnt moving as much and he has no second pitch. Teams look to be sitting on the fastball.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
Damn tough loss last night, especially for Adams.

I hate to say it, but I was wondering if Trumbo was going to get a hold of one in that AB.

Hitting Machine

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess Adams was sleeping when Trumbo almost gave Lewis a heart attack but lucky for us it was a foul ball. Screw it 9 out of 10 isn't to bad.

Fudbelty

Have to at least break even in LA. If for nothing more than a mental edge showing them it won't be easy. I'm sure the Angels are not underestimating this team one bit and know that they will have to play lights to beat them and catch them.

Win two more in this series and I'm a happy camper.

IJS. Winning three of four in LA is huge. Six game lead is a nice cushion to have. It's not over, but it's a closer.

Fudbelty

Well it could get very nasty. Next ten games could be the season. 4 against Boston, 3 against Angels, and then three against the Rays. Luckily all at home. Have to come out of this homestand with at least a 4 game lead still in tact.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
True.^^

And let's hope Wash doesn't put Feldman back in to pitch. The dude is a cluster**** waiting to happen. I hope they find someone to trade him for in the off season. It was stupid offering him the money they did a couple of years ago.

Sorry, I'm on a real anti-Feldman kick this year. He's a waste of roster space.

Fudbelty

True.^^

And let's hope Wash doesn't put Feldman back in to pitch. The dude is a cluster**** waiting to happen. I hope they find someone to trade him for in the off season. It was stupid offering him the money they did a couple of years ago.

Sorry, I'm on a real anti-Feldman kick this year. He's a waste of roster space.

Ya I'm not a huge fan either. He did really well one year and then they over payed. At least it's not really hampering them in any way.

Fudbelty

Pretty dominant in the win last night. CJ looking good. Napoli looking good. You knew it was just a matter of time before somebody got a hold of Bedard. The tossing curve ball after curve ball, taking his sweet ass time, and then tried to mix in a very unsuccessful fastball and got blasted.

Fudbelty

Really showed them who's boss. Lol WTF. Must win two out three here and gain a game in the standings. Going to be bad if we get swept.

Fudbelty

Tonight needs to the be the W. Don't think we've beaten Weaver yet this year. Had him beat until Trumbo went all guerrilla with that walk off.

Fudbelty

Agreed on both. I'm thinking of taking my two year old baseball nut daughter out tonight.

My daughter won't be 2 until October and we've been contemplating taking her. Have you taken yours before? She handle it pretty well? I know for sure we plan on taking her to some games in the Spring just not sure about this season.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
We took her to her first game in August 2010 and she was all over the place and just wanted to look at stuff. She was about a year and a half and my wife and I traded every half inning taking her somewhere. We stayed for an hour and a half or so and that was about all she could take. She wasn't fussy or anything, just a typical toddler and wanted to look at everything.

We also took her about a month ago to dollar hot dog night against the Twins and explained to her she needed to sit down and we weren't going to get up and down with her all night. For the most part she was really good and stayed seated and we got to halfway watch the game this time. We had to make a few trips to the bathroom, which were probably more a case of her wanting to get up than anything else.

We just let her know up front what our expectations are.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
Anyone think Anaheim's going to pull one out tonight? Or do we get treated to the Texas Rangers that can simply bumrush and demolish anyone in their way?

Fudbelty

Anyone think Anaheim's going to pull one out tonight? Or do we get treated to the Texas Rangers that can simply bumrush and demolish anyone in their way?

If anybody pulls one out I think it will be the Rangers. They have struggled against Weaver this year. His first time pitching on three days rest though.

Angels need this win more than the Rangers though. Rangers took a lot of pressure off by winning the first game. At that point they can not get passed over the weekend.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
It was a good one. 2 out of 3 the rest of the year will win it all. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Nelly is probably out for a few weeks. I love him, but he drives me crazy with how injury prone he is. He's worse than Hamilton. At least Hamilton messes stuff up by running and diving at full speed. Nelly manages to tweak his hammy slowing down and then speeding up again. I guess we'll probably see a lot of Endy Chavez in CF and I image Murph in RF for a while.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Good to see Murph hitting the ball. Nelly drives me crazy with his hamstring. WTF

Fudbelty

Good to see Murph hitting the ball. Nelly drives me crazy with his hamstring. WTF

I honestly think it's because his quad isn't ready. They may as well give him off until the last couple weeks if they can. Let him fully rest.

Fudbelty

In a really good spot now. We can go 13-14 in our last 27 and the Angels will have to go 17-12 in order to beat us. 12 of our games will be against the A's and Mariners. The next 9 will be tough though Rays, @Sox, and @Rays.