2011 Avista Tourney October 1st & 2nd

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
Avalon will be hosting the the 2011 Avista Fall Classic October 1st and 2nd

The Cost will be $325/3 gg (as the fees of Avista Stadium have gone up).

It will be unlimited HR's with 50 cor Zn's
NSA sanction rules, 1-1 count with a courtesy foul.
90 ft basepaths with 2 courtesy runners allowed per inning
There will be a net for the pitcher (hit the net is a foul ball)
We will have an upper and a lower

E-mail your Team name, coaches name, contact number, NSA sanction number and E-mail address to [email protected] and I will confirm your entry and where to mail the check.

This will be a 12 team tourney with 2 game round robin on Sat and then we will run 2 brackets of single elimination on Sunday (Upper&Lower).

We will run with NSA modified rules for spotting runs
"D" will spot "E" teams 4 runs
"D" will spot "Rec" teams 6 runs
"E" will spot "Rec" teams 4 runs
If a team spots runs they will have the option of Home or Visitors

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THEIR GAME TIMES. IF YOU DON'T LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET THEM TO YOU. 509-951-5145.

Teams in so far:

Brawlers/Extreme (Lopez) "D"
Joker's (Mattie) "D"
Honey Badgers "D"

Desert Dawgs "E"
Killah Bees/Rockstar "E"
DBA "E"
AAA Ready Mix "E"
De Leon Foods "E"
Monteray Cafe E"

I'd Hit that (Sherry) "REC"
Warrior 10 (Jacque) "REC"
Wapaiti (Ruiz) 'REC"

THERE WILL BE A HOMERUN DERBY STARTING AT ABOUT 8:30

Any questions shoot us an e-mail @ [email protected]

Last edited:

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Avalon will be hosting the the 2011 Avista Fall Classic October 1st and 2nd

The Cost will be $325/3 gg (as the fees of Avista Stadium have gone up).

It will be unlimited HR's with 50 cor Zn's
NSA sanction rules, 1-1 count with a courtesy foul.
90 ft basepaths with 2 courtesy runners allowed per inning
There will be a net for the pitcher (hit the net is a foul ball)
We will have an upper and a lower

There are only 13 spots available and entries will go to the teams that have played in the past and then to first come first serve.

E-mail your Team name, coaches name, contact number, NSA sanction number and E-mail address to [email protected] and I will confirm your entry and where to mail the check.

Teams in so far:

Upper:

Killah Bees/Rockstar (need E-mail)
RnR (need E-mail)

Lower:

AAA Ready Mix (need E-mail)
El PAtio (Rich's team) (need e-mail)

Any questions shoot us an e-mial also [email protected]

In the past there were games friday night, is this still going to be needed?

[email protected] is my email.

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
Friday night games

There will be no Friday night games this year due to cost. It will just push out later Sunday night.

Last edited:

arod44

Extra Hitter
Mad dogs wants in but we are called Tri-Town Militia. We played the lower division in the first tourney

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
Avista Payment

Guys

We are filling up very quickly. As you can see we only have one spot left and we will start a waiting list. Now to make sure you get a spot, please mail a check to:

Avalon Avista Tourney 2011
7923 S Parway Ln
Cheney, WA 99004

Please make sure you mail the check to me ASAP. We will not cash until the Wed the week before the tournament. IF you have any questions e-mail me. If we dont have payment from your team by Sept 16th and we have teams on waiting list. We will start letting in the teams from the waiting list for the unpaid spots.

riotact

don't pitch, learn to hit
Is this a sanctioned tournament? Cause, I think you should put some classes out and make people play where they are supposed to.

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
The bats allowed will be NSA approved bats. There is also still a chance to move up a team to accomodate another lower team getting in. Looking at possibly using the NSA run rule for lower teams playing upper teams if have to move one up. Will try to make as equal as possible. Just trying to have a good tournament for the end of the year and enjoy some good friends, great field and fun softball atmosphere!!!!!!

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
EVERYONE PLAYING IN THE TOURNEY THIS YEAR NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!!! THERE IS ONE MAJOR CHANGE THIS YEAR TO THE TOURNAMENT: DUE TO NEW RULES WITH THE COUNTY AND THE LEASE FOR AVISTA STADIUM. THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM DURING THE TOURNAMENT. IF THIS NEW RULE MAKES IT SO YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THE TOURNAMENT. THEN TEXT ME OR SEND ME AN E-MAIL [email protected] and let me know.
Sorry, gang I tried to get this changed but it did not work.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
EVERYONE PLAYING IN THE TOURNEY THIS YEAR NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!!! THERE IS ONE MAJOR CHANGE THIS YEAR TO THE TOURNAMENT: DUE TO NEW RULES WITH THE COUNTY AND THE LEASE FOR AVISTA STADIUM. THERE WILL BE NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN THE STADIUM DURING THE TOURNAMENT. IF THIS NEW RULE MAKES IT SO YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THE TOURNAMENT. THEN TEXT ME OR SEND ME AN E-MAIL [email protected] and let me know.
Sorry, gang I tried to get this changed but it did not work.

Count me out then... HAHA
Actually, I have already committed to playing in Salem that weekend...
I am pretty sure I will never get to play in this tourney...

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Count me out then... HAHA
Actually, I have already committed to playing in Salem that weekend...
I am pretty sure I will never get to play in this tourney...

Don't feel bad.............I live a little over an hour away and never get to play it. They always hold it on a weekend I can't make it..........I feel like it's done on purpose.

TJB42

Addicted to Softballfans
hahahahahahahaha

Pretty sure the Tri Cities team I speak of has won it, even at them new fields last year. Yeaaaaa!!!!! Straps call me tomorrow after work Bud

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
K, guys have updated teams and we now have 14 committed. Unfortunately, we can only take 13, and I have not seen any checks in the mail. So, at this point it is first come first serve. THE FIRST 13 TEAMS THAT GET CHECKS TO ME HAVE SPOTS. We will not be cashing the checks until Wednesday the Week of the tournament.
The address is:
Avalon
7923 S Parway Ln
Cheney, WA 99004.

UPSman79

Addicted to Softballfans
Avista

Don't feel bad.............I live a little over an hour away and never get to play it. They always hold it on a weekend I can't make it..........I feel like it's done on purpose.

Burke, I will coordinate with you next year to make sure that you are available to play. :D