2011 New York Jets thread.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Kicking it off tomorrow night at home. All the hype of this season could be a weight around their necks this year. I like Rex, but his "guarantees" are getting to be a bit much, even for optimistic fans like me.

The defense looks even better than last year, and the addition of some youth on the line will definitely help. Watch this kid Pitoitua, who missed last season with a torn Achilles; dude is 6-8 and fast. The LB's are getting a bit older but still in their prime. The secondary is among the best in the league. This defense could dominate all year.

The key this year, as before, is the offense and the ability to stretch the field. Doogie Schottenheimer had best open things up a bit and allow the ball to be thrown downfield more. The Jets can run the ball, but not when there's 8 and 9 guys in the box. Sanchez is a 3rd year QB now, let him sink or swim this year. Can't keep protecting him in the gameplan and hope he "manages" the game safely. When playoff teams have QB's like Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Rivers attacking defenses with their passing, you can't sit back and play **** and dunk.

The other question mark is the depth at O-line. The starters can be dominant, but if one goes down, the Jets are ****ed. They lost their depth when Turner broke his leg in the preseason. They need to be healthy (who doesn't?) all season, otherwise Greene and LT will be ineffective and the offense will stall badly.

The schedule looks brutal in stretches (weeks 4 to 7: @Baltimore, @ New England, vs. Miami, vs. San Diego), but they should get 10 wins. With some fortunate bounces, they may get 12. The division as always comes down to their games against New England, and whether they lose to a team they should beat, especially at home. No predictions as to whether they win the division, conference or SB. I just want to enjoy another season of meaningful games from start to finish.

jets-flag.jpg

jets-flag-9-11.jpg

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
Somebody once told me Jets fans were Giants fans who couldn't afford Giants season tickets :D:D

I do like Rex and would love to have him as a coach of the Cowboys. He says a lot of crazy **** and I'm ok with 98% of what he says. I have a problem with him saying there better not be any Cowboys gear in the stands. One thing I'll never understand is why people feel just because you're a fan of an opposing team why it's okay to treat them like ****. God forbid I'm a fan of an opposing team and want to watch my team play somewhere else. I shouldn't have to worry about my safety.

deffed

Addicted to Softballfans
The line is Jets - 4. I would have thought it would be more. Might be some easy money with the o-line Dallas is running out, not to mention the defensive secondary

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
The line is Jets - 4. I would have thought it would be more. Might be some easy money with the o-line Dallas is running out, not to mention the defensive secondary

Ya even as a Cowboys fan I'd take the Jets minus the points. Starting Right Guard was playing power forward two years ago and starting left tackle is a rookie. It's going to get nasty.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Somebody once told me Jets fans were Giants fans who couldn't afford Giants season tickets :D:D

I do like Rex and would love to have him as a coach of the Cowboys. He says a lot of crazy **** and I'm ok with 98% of what he says. I have a problem with him saying there better not be any Cowboys gear in the stands. One thing I'll never understand is why people feel just because you're a fan of an opposing team why it's okay to treat them like ****. God forbid I'm a fan of an opposing team and want to watch my team play somewhere else. I shouldn't have to worry about my safety.

I think what Rex meant was that every seat should have a Jets season ticket holder in it. In other words, none of the Jets season Ticket holders should give away or sell their tix to somebody who might be a Dallas fan. Could be wrong, but I don't think he was trying to get Dallas fans beat up in the stands. He's made phone calls to fans and had emails sent to season tix holders urging them to show up early and make noise, that kinda stuff.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
2 and 0 to start the season. Now they start a tough 5 game stretch with the next 3 on the road. Oakland, Baltimore, New England.

Sanchez had 2 picks today, fooled by the coverage. Then he made some sick throws, perfect placement in some tight spots. Hopefully the mistakes get eliminated, because Baltimore and NE will make him pay.

Mangold left the game with a leg injury. If he's out, the Jets have serious problems.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
D-Mase gets traded for telling the truth. This is just bull****. There is no hiding it anymore: Schottenheimer sucks and needs to get fired. He sucked when Mangini was here, he sucked when 4 All-Pros were on his offensive line (Ferguson, Mangold, Faneca, Woody), he sucked with Favre at QB, he sucked with LT running the ball, he just sucks. His gameplans are ****, his schemes get sonned by every defense they play. He has no creativity, no skill for scouting a defense and exploiting its weaknesses. He is outcoached every ****ing game and it is now more pronounced than before because of the o-line problems.

Fire this *****! D-Mase knows more about offense that Schottenheimer ever will. Proof? The Jets brought in Tom Moore, the genius offensive coordinator for the Colts for the past decade who made Manning a legend, to be a "consultant". No official reason was ever given for this, but the obvious reason was so he can help the Clueless One do his job. Well, it hasn't helped, so fire his sorry ass and let Moore run things for the rest of the season.

Every time Sanchez does the "Kill Kill" audible at the line, everyone in the stadium knows he just checked down to a running play. That gets stuffed for a loss because the defense has studied film and knows that this is what the OC has coached Sanchez to do. The defense is laughing so hard that they almost can't make the tackle. It's ****ing pathetic how awful this douchebag is. The **** with his old man, the kid is a dumbass.

FIRE SCHOTTY!!!

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
^^^^^ I love how quickly it goes from "SUPERBOWL...........WOOOOOOOOOH!!!!" To, "We give up.............:("

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Mason finally has a NFL QB throwing him the ball. Hope he does well in Houston.

I always like Derik Mason.........Funny how you can get run out of town for telling the truth. For this reason alone....Rex Ryans massive ego will never really succeed in New York.....How dare you question???

3XC

Big Truss
Mason caught hundreds of balls from McNair and Flacco before being exiled to NY. He is 37 and needs to hang it up.

The over/under on how many passes he catches this week is .5, and thats if he plays at all.

3XC

Big Truss
I always like Derik Mason.........Funny how you can get run out of town for telling the truth. For this reason alone....Rex Ryans massive ego will never really succeed in New York.....How dare you question???

What successful teams have first year members of the team that happen to be barely used role players that also wont play special teams chirping about play calling?

Don't the Patriots have a "do as I say or shut up" policy? Rex dumps Mason and people ***** like his 13 catches were making a difference. Sweatshirt dumps Moss, who is about three times as talented as Mason on his best day (and younger, amazingly enough) and everyone lines up to genuflect and kiss his ring.

Good for Rex. No team needs that **** from some backup. Oh no, how can we replace this undersized, slow, selfish prima donna? Where else can we find a WR with declining skills that talks too much? Surely he's the only one.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
Shouldnt have brought him in in the first place then. Instead of bringing in young talented receivers Tannenbaum brings in Burress and Mason on the cheap. Its good to see that team of blowhards and their fashion model QB implode. I still hope they make the playoffs so Schottenheimer isnt replaced for another year.

3XC

Big Truss
He falls in the category of ugly indestructible lug, along with Rapey, Hasselbeck, and some others. The mincing pretty boys seem to lack the ability to play with broken everything. ACL tear? You got two of those. Suck it up.

Stout33

Addicted to Softballfans
Alls Flacco is missing is the bolts in his neck and hes the perfect spokesman for Halloween Express.

3XC

Big Truss
35-17 record as a starter.
60.9% career comp %.
67 TDs to 37 picks
In 2010 his 2.4% rate of Pass attempts/INTs was 5th best in the NFL.
Led 4 game winning drives in 2010.

One of 6 active NFL QBs with a career winning record in the postseason.
Tied for first, most road playoff wins, all time.

Yeah, he stinks. Bring back Troy Smith.

3XC

Big Truss
I have Flacco as the NFLs 7th best QB on my list. He is in the group of second tier guys, ahead of the many generic interchangeable starters. I'd take him ahead of Eli, Romo, Vick, Ryan, Cutler, Schaub, Hasselbeck. Obviously the big 4 beasts are better, and I'd take Newton over him because Cam is a beast in the making, but other than those guys, nope. I don't think Stafford or Fitzpatrick would do any better on the Ravens. Flacco would probably slay **** on Detroit. Thats a WR making a QB good, lets not go nuts here. Culpepper had one of the best statistical seasons in NFL history when Moss was in his prime.

hrdchrgin13

I would say Ryan, Schuab, and Stafford are better. But I would pick Flacco over the rest you have listed and Stafford's brittle ass

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
Flacco would probably be the 5th qb i'd take right now. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers. Then Flacco, followed by Newton. I'm a big fan of mobile qb's.

3XC

Big Truss
Flacco is so similar to Ben its uncanny. Same build. Flacco was skinnier, but he has bulked up. He escaped from some sacks this year where a guy got a ahold of him and just got shucked off. The only thing Ben can do that Flacco can't is beat the criminal justice system.

Ben is about 10 pounds heavier. Joe actually has the better arm. Both are more accurate than people give them credit for. Both are tanks, I mean absolute indestructible tanks, that play hurt. Both have DB blitzers bouncing off them.

I hate the Steelers, but I'd rather have Ben as my signal caller, even a hurt Ben, than Vick. If anything Ben remains underrated and forgotten in the shuffle of NFL QBs because he will never be a 40 TD/4500 yard guy. Thats not who he is. What he does is win. On the road, in the playoffs, against good teams. He wins. Vick will throw 4TDs and lose. This ain't ****ing Madden. Win the god damned game.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
lol @ "The only thing Ben can do that Flacco can't is beat the criminal justice system."

I drafted Flacco every year he's been in the league. I think he's gonna start tearin **** up with Evans back.

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember Matt Ryan being hyped to the moon pre-draft. MSU had to play BC in some bowl game. I think Capital one bowl. All they talked about, was how good he was. He hasn't done THAT MUCH for the weapons he has around him. IMO

3XC

Big Truss
Playoff wins tho. Its the first tiebreaker. Ben is 10-3 in the NFL postseason all time. Say what you will about the bogus outcome of SB XL, about the team he played for, about his unimpressive stats in those games. Winners win. I want a winner. Marino put up sick numbers his whole career. I'll take Ben. Before you burn down my feast hall, hear me out.

You play to win the game. You play. To win. The game.

Flacco wins. He hasn't won a SB, but I think he has a damn good shot this season, and with an excellent coach, GM, and owner in place, he will never play for a god awful team, not as long as he stays in purple and black. He will get a fair shake to win his division year in, year out. This isn't a miracle like Warner leading Arizona to a Super Bowl. This is a well built team with an identity. Ditto Ben. Ditto Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, hell, add Stafford, Eli, and Josh Freeman to the list (last week was an aberration). Winners win. Go win a damn football game. I wouldn't start Mike Vick over at least 13 guys in this league, 14 if Peyton comes back, and thats no bull****. He's a loser. He's NEVER won. Yeah, we won some regular season games. He won a playoff game in Lambeau once. Thats the highlight of his career. You know who else won one playoff game? Tony Banks. You're Tony ****ing Banks dude. All time NFL rushing record as a QB. As important as the all time NFL passing record for a RB. What a dumb stat. Stop throwing picks. Stop being ****ty. Stop crying about ****. Stop taking horrible sacks. Throw the ball away. You're a ****ing bum. I called you a bum 8 years ago. Now everyone sees it.