2011 Worth Toxic?

BBC88

The Notorious
Opinions?

I know the 2010 is "hot" and I searched the forum for the 2011 thoughts and opinions but didn't really come up with anything...anyone swung one long enough to have an opinion? (Pertaining to the bat...no other opinions about other things are needed... ;) )

bazme69

The Veteran
they are great like it alittle better then my 2010 1 i have 3 2011 toxics new i am selling them 4 250+10 4 shipping thats a great deal pm me

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Wow that sounds like a honest opinion with not other motivation.

X2^^^^^^:rolleyes:

IMO, the 2011 are not very good. I really liked the 2010 but the 2011 just never gave me any real pop when compared to say my SSR2 or mayhems. Neither of which need to be sold lol.;)

snakeyes711

Addicted to Softballfans
The 2010 did not meet ABI standards, the 2011 does. /thread

So ASA really are doing accelerated break in on the bats before testing? I heard that they scrapped that idea because it involved too much time, money. I wonder how they do it? I looked at a article about bats being naturally broke in, rolled, vised and all. They all peaked over 500 hits, and started declining in BBS after that.

With that said, my toxic 10' as of now 100 hits or so, has a small sweet spot, but I've hit 330'+ on some good hits too. I can tell you nothing like the mutant I got, although its got a thousand+ hits.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
So ASA really are doing accelerated break in on the bats before testing? I heard that they scrapped that idea [\b]because it involved too much time, money. I wonder how they do it? I looked at a article about bats being naturally broke in, rolled, vised and all. They all peaked over 500 hits, and started declining in BBS after that.

With that said, my toxic 10' as of now 100 hits or so, has a small sweet spot, but I've hit 330'+ on some good hits too. I can tell you nothing like the mutant I got, although its got a thousand+ hits.

ASA did not scrap the new ABI testing, that is why pretty much every bat makes has a new line of bats out for 2010. The old stick no longer passed the new rules

I dont know where you read that exit speed declines in composites after a certain number of hits. This goes against pretty much all current understanding of how composite bats work.

BBC88

The Notorious
Well, thanks for the information. I wound up getting the '11 Toxic and the Freak Limited. Obviously the Freak is producing as expected...waiting to see if the Toxic picks up any heat or not. It's hitting pretty decent for just coming out of the wrapper, but once there's more swings on it; we shall see.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Why do people do this? You asked if the bat was any good, everyone said no and you bought it anyways. Why bother asking the question and wasting peoples times if you are going to buy that bat either way.

jmartinez

A teammate of mine has both.. The white toxic is gtg the green 2011 one has pop to. my friend bought one and brought it to the game this Monday fresh out the wrapper I saw him take it out the wrapper first shoot was 310 and the other was about 340. He only swung it twice I was amazed by it.. I couldn't believe it hit that well.. I only swing my AV but by the looks it seems to be a good bat. Oh and we were using a worth toxic xxx ball and a super gold dot..

WhiteBrow24

The Dude Abides
Why do people do this? You asked if the bat was any good, everyone said no and you bought it anyways. Why bother asking the question and wasting peoples times if you are going to buy that bat either way.

no when will people relize that all the new ASA bats will never improve with more swings on them?