2011 Z1k Question

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anybody else had their Z1k lose its pop?

Mine seems to have lost its pop and it might be due to something internally breaking off. There is something rattling inside the barrel, but it is not the rattle one would hear in a Miken or Worth, because this one sounds like a piece of rubber. The sounds has changed too. The distinctive glass breaking has turned more into a thud.

Perhaps it is time to send the bat in for its return?

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I don't know the specifics on it but my buddy hit 6 hr's in the first 3 games last year and only 2 the rest of the season (25 more games) with his z. Maybe the louisville pros know more.

popo4u

Addicted to Softballfans
I found mine didn't open up until 800-1000 cuts. Before that, I didn't hit hardly any HRs. After it opened up, I had to be more careful how I hit it.

KoolAid

If it sounds like something rubber-like floating around in the bat then it is most likely a part of the adhesive gel used for bat weighting (both endloaded and balanced models). Z1000's have a clear rubbery gel with ball-bearings in them @ the endcap and just above the connection peice inside. This has happened to a few Z's @ my area but does not hinder the performance/durability at all.

Has anybody else had their Z1k lose its pop?

Mine seems to have lost its pop and it might be due to something internally breaking off. There is something rattling inside the barrel, but it is not the rattle one would hear in a Miken or Worth, because this one sounds like a piece of rubber. The sounds has changed too. The distinctive glass breaking has turned more into a thud.

Perhaps it is time to send the bat in for its return?

pbuff

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't open up till 800 cuts? That doesn't make sense. But I will agree that I think mine has lost some pop as well over the past year. Seemed hotter out of the wrapper than it is today.

jaydubya

Z1000 Land
Mine reach different levels per 100 swings. When it reached 1000 cuts, it got just insane. Gamer status only! It's scary hot.

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine started to wobble real bad...has definitely lost pop...1500 swings and is getting worse...not better...

Center59

**** Cody
my 2012 took about 150 cuts to be almost as broke in as my 2011 asa was out of the wrapper. All my 2011 have the wobble. Sold a 2011 with about 1000 hits and it wobbled a lot and was on fire. Too light for me but i made my buddy very happy.