2012 ASA Modified Pitch Men's (9&10) National Championship Finals

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
So I talked to the TD and I have to eat a lot of crow right now. Someone did call and complain about Binky throwing. I can't believe it. So what it's 10-man. Hit the F'in ball. I hate that crap. In complete disbelief but it happened. Nothing else to say on that.

It's the same ball we use for the 4th. Holds up pretty good but the cork center is "supposed" to be restrictive flight.

That is funny that someone called up on bink shame on you and you call yourself a man I can't wait to see you to I will make sure I take the mound against you LOL you are truly the biggest squatter that will be there this weekend!!!!!!

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking forward to this weekend! Is Mike Hoadley going to be giving the opening ceremonies welcoming speech?

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
well i for one am going to have a great time i will hopfully pitch ever 3rd game, if we get that far, and i would love to hit against platt and bink i own u steve

goup24

Addicted to Softballfans
all this crying about bink throwing,if hes legal he can throw,if hes not,sit and keep mouth shut,ive faced him,i dont think he is 10 man legal but we shall see. all depends on the umps,you all know that

budman22

Addicted to Softballfans
get rid of the bunt and we corner inf wouldnt have to worry about the type of ball being used bc we could play back a little. as for pitching i suggest wearing a freakin facemask. u pitchers have big balls goin out there with 10 man rules. and yes our pitcher was struck in the head last yr. i thought he was dead. hopefully nothin like that happens again. safe travels to all

Old dirty basta

Addicted to Softballfans
Bink is a slinger. Used to throw for NY grem. Not sure now been a while. Faced him many times. Hard thrower with awesome knuckle. Hey if he's going and they are going to throw him so be it. It's up to the umps who don't know the rules about 10 man pitching to enforce. That's why I don't go to drifton no more. Went 5 yrs in a row and the ****ty ump jobs were ridiculous. And it's all on umps shoulders. Good luck all teams. Will be checking in for results and as kodiak says the SQUATTERS!

wobbyy23

all this crying about bink throwing,if hes legal he can throw,if hes not,sit and keep mouth shut,ive faced him,i dont think he is 10 man legal but we shall see. all depends on the umps,you all know that

i agree if bink can square up then who cares...there are guys that can conform and throw both 10 man and sling....just have a good time guys...good luck to my boys on NY teams...i really cant believe some went as far as to call....

wobbyy23

@justfish.....i did mean to say that...just left it out ...my bad. I cant believe everyone is spending this time talking about binky and if he MIGHT come to 10 man....if he doesnt go...then its just a wasted effort and time on whoever is that concerned about it....Kodiak might have it right...squatters lol

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
ILLEGAL! Just remember, the last time Midland, MI hosted the modified national, they ran out of kleenex with all of the whining about the pitching rule. Not saying that it was right, but just know what you are in for this weekend in POHO. ILLEGAL! Wiley can attest. One game last year at the BWI, he was able to throw, the next he couldn't. Keep it within the wrist and you will be fine.

wobbyy23

exactly....very similiar to Platt pitching in Drifton B's last year. whats the difference??? as long as you conform your gtg.....Platt MVP at Port Huron this Year >>>LOL

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
So far so good on the weather this weekend. It is supposed to be mid 80s all weekend. As a reminder, all bats will be tested this weekend, so make sure they are street legal.

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
umps umps umps umps inside outside , stallion is rite one game i was straight up ok next game your doing this, your doing that, your doing everything u shouldnt, oh well have a seat and hope for the best, see ya out thar

Sleds#20

Addicted to Softballfans
"A Tradition unlike any other". B|t€hing about pitching and 10-man. Goes together like lamb and tuna fish.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Why are they using a k master? That ball is a fastpitch ball. That ball has more laces on it than we have pitchers in modefied! Someone will get hurt this weekend I hope it isnt me.
Almost positive we used a K-Master at State in Wisconsin this year... I will say that ball held up better than some of the balls that have been used in the past at State.

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree. The Masterpitch ball holds up pretty well compared to others. We have used some balls in the past nationals that started out hot and by the 4th inning they turned into pumpkins. Looking forward to this weekend.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
Any out of town teams that make it in tonight there is a group of guys heading up to Tailgators tonigt around 8. Come on up and have a few brews before we battle.
Tailgators is on the corner of 20th & Lapeer

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Wisconsin teams go 1-4 on the opening day of Nationals in Port Huron....

-Press Box Blue Sox (Fond du Lac) lose to the defending National Champions Secory Flyers of Michigan.
-Press Box Bulldogs (Fond du Lac) lose to Alexander's Stallions of Michigan.
-The Warriors (Oneida) lose to The Mug of New Hampshire.
-Moxie's (Casco) lose to Hurricane's of Michigan.
-Little Creek (Green Bay) wins over Marysville Goodyear of Michigan.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
Wisconsin teams go 5-3*** on Day #2 of Nationals in Port Huron....

-Press Box Blue Sox (Fond du Lac) loses to Hurricanes to go 0-2.
-Press Box Bulldogs (Fond du Lac) goes 2-0 and plays Jubb tomorrow morning at 9:00.
-The Warriors (Oneida) lose to go 0-2.
-Moxie's (Casco) goes 1-1, and is eliminated from the tournament by Team Stats (Gillie's) (Michigan.)
-Little Creek (Green Bay) goes 1-1, losing to Jugg (New Hampshire) 5-3.

***After losing to Jubb 5-3, Little Creek was declared a winner after a "protest. Protest was due to Jubb having a pitcher throw the entire game while on the 9-man banned list. Interesting to say the least.... :confused:

Last four undefeated teams:
Secory Flyers vs The Mug
Little Creek vs Degroodt's

Last edited:

wobbyy23

@modball nah im just busting balls.....i think its comical that everyone was worried about bink and platt is pitching there instead...smoke they are playing ship now.....degroodts came from winners....

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
1st-Degroodt's (New York)
2nd-Secory (Michigan)
3rd-Little Creek (Wisconsin)
4th-The Mug (New Hampshire)

Degroodt's was a men among boys on Sunday. They had one close game, a 4-2 victory over Secory in the Winner's bracket finals. Other than that they blew everyone away, including a mercy-rule win in the Championship.

Last edited: