2012 bats

notgood27

Always Slinging Leather
Looks like I believe coop said it was right. 2012 bats are good for league play at least in Washington.

Dear Coach,

I wanted to address and clarify the rule regarding the USSSA’s bat rule. There has been some recent confusion among the softball community and leagues as to the scope of this rule and how it pertains to league vs. tournament play.

I received clarification from USSSA recently and the rule was modified by the national office.

Starting in the 2013 season, ALL USSSA tournaments, the only bats allowed will be USSSA embedded stamped bats (stickers do not qualify). However, FOR 2013 ONLY, approved bats (bats on the approved bat list) will be allowed for league play ONLY and will NOT require the USSSA embedded stamp.

Please be advised that this rule for 2013 is based on ensuring that “worn, damaged, modified or tampered” bats not be used during league play and are strictly prohibited. Failure to abide by this rule will result in penalties included suspension and probation. It is your responsibility to ensure that your players are aware of this rule. Umpires and staff will be on the look-out for such bats. If there is a question as to the condition of your bat, please make sure you are bring the bat in question to the attention of the umpire.

For 2014, please expect that ALL bats used in league will be required to be stamped with the USSSA stamp per the current rule for tournaments. As of now, the cities of Lynnwood, Edmonds and Mt Lake Terrace are planning to do the same.

If you have any questions, please let me know.