2013 Blackout or 2012 Orange/Black Craze?

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm new here, looking for a new bat for my C league. I'm in a league that allows ANY 1.20 bpf bat except Miken Ultras. I've been using a senior bat (a balanced Demarini Geezer) and it did pretty well but has now lost its pop. I was gonna buy another senior bat, but looks like senior bats are now 1.21 bpf so that won't work for my league.

Everyone seems to rave about the Orange/Black Craze, so I'm leaning towards getting one of those, but after having a balanced bat, I'm tempted to get an end loaded one. My goal is to become more of a power hitter and I've been doing some serious weight lifting workouts to build up more strength. Is the Blackout essentially an end loaded Craze? Can I expect it to be just as hot after getting broken in?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
All senior bats have been 1.21 bpf..... So how have you been swinging one the whole time? Or am I misunderstanding you?

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
All senior bats have been 1.21 bpf..... So how have you been swinging one the whole time? Or am I misunderstanding you?

I've got a 2008 Demarini Juggernaut Geezer (senior bat) that is 1.20 bpf. Here's some info about it:

http://www.softballproshop.com/demarini/geezer2007.htm

It doesn't have any cracks or anything, but just doesn't seem to have the same pop it once had. I wish it did, as almost my entire team has used it as their game bat.

usmcluberti

Banned User
get them both! It will only cost you about $200 and you can find out for yourself and sell whichever you don't swing well with...I will say this though: do NOT give up on the craze :D

bird25

34/30 Club #25

The newer senior bats ara now stamped 1.21 bpf. Most of the first ones still had 1.20 on them.

That said, I prefer the Blackout, it gets hotter quicker and I feel like the SS is bigger than the Craze. Of course I know they get stupid when fully broken in, just have never gotten one to that point.

Personally the sp12st100 is my gamer as it is almost as good as my Senior bats right now.

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
get them both! It will only cost you about $200 and you can find out for yourself and sell whichever you don't swing well with...I will say this though: do NOT give up on the craze :D

If I could get them both for $200 I'd do that, but I've been searching around all day today and seeing the Craze (26oz) for $120 and the Blackout (26oz) for $175. Or are you suggesting to buy 'em both used? I've never bought a used bat but maybe I need to get over my hesitations and give it a try. Always worried that someone will be selling something like my Geezer which looks in ok shape but has no pop left in it.

WhitePhins

MYSTERY MAN
If I could get them both for $200 I'd do that, but I've been searching around all day today and seeing the Craze (26oz) for $120 and the Blackout (26oz) for $175. Or are you suggesting to buy 'em both used? I've never bought a used bat but maybe I need to get over my hesitations and give it a try. Always worried that someone will be selling something like my Geezer which looks in ok shape but has no pop left in it.

I gotta 27.5 Blackout for $140 OBO and you can have it... :D also have a ST100H too...

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally the sp12st100 is my gamer as it is almost as good as my Senior bats right now.

The sp12st100 is actually the bat I was looking at getting until I heard so many people raving about the Craze. Price isn't so much an issue for me as buying a bat that I know I will be happy with and that will help me hit some bombs. I've always been more of a finesse hitter (I'm 6'0, 170 lbs), but I want to get something that, if I put on 10-15 pounds of muscle (working on it!) will help me develop into a power hitter - which is why I was thinking the end load might be better suited for my goal.

Is your sp12st100 a 2012 model or the 2013 stamped version?

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
The sp12st100 is actually the bat I was looking at getting until I heard so many people raving about the Craze. Price isn't so much an issue for me as buying a bat that I know I will be happy with and that will help me hit some bombs. I've always been more of a finesse hitter (I'm 6'0, 170 lbs), but I want to get something that, if I put on 10-15 pounds of muscle (working on it!) will help me develop into a power hitter - which is why I was thinking the end load might be better suited for my goal.

Is your sp12st100 a 2012 model or the 2013 stamped version?

Price isn't so much an issue for me as buying a bat that I know I will be happy with and that will help me hit some bombs.

Get an Avarice if this is your only criteria

Then a Craze for winter
Then get a Blackout, just because they are that dang good.

Oh, and I perfer the purple burple Wegman:)

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
Get an Avarice if this is your only criteria
Then a Craze for winter
Then get a Blackout, just because they are that dang good.

Oh, and I perfer the purple burple Wegman:)

Thanks for the suggestions. Never heard of the Avarice or the Wegman, I'll have to do some research. I'm in Los Angeles, so there is no winter season for me. :cool:

phil24601

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks everyone. HAs anyone hit both the blackout and the SP12ST100H? Is there a clear winner, or will either be great?

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I hated Mizuno bat until I swung a blackout it and the Easton wegman are the 2 best new stamp bats period